Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Awesome4hand said:
If Hewitt is playing 'like crap' then how on Earth did he manage to beat Corretja in straight sets? I didn't see the match but from the scoreline I thought that Hewitt must have played well. In fact I have never seen Hewitt play badly even when he lost to El Ayanoui in AO I thought he played near his best.
Because Corretja runs on steam and he's devoid of his hot air?

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Mark :D

there's the old saying
you NEVER beat a good player 6-0 (in set 1)
in most cases in mens tennis it comes back to haunt you esp against real QUALITY.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I dunno much about Corretja's game I must admit. I saw him play Hewitt in the first round of AO some years ago when he lost to Hewitt 60 60 61 (Hewitt was relatively new at the time)... never bothered to watch him again.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
James!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

6-3 4-6 4-6

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Well no wonder we are gettin this tourney on tv....

Hewitts left...

*gags*

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
hey cheliste and liz you have like the same signatures!!!!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I dunno much about Corretja's game I must admit. I saw him play Hewitt in the first round of AO some years ago when he lost to Hewitt 60 60 61 (Hewitt was relatively new at the time)... never bothered to watch him again.
Corretja returned the favour - though, in less impressive fashion - and knocked Hewitt out of the Masters Cup later that year. In a match that was pretty meaningless to Alex, who was already out of the tournament, he was sure to send Hewitt back home to practice for DC after two sets ;)

61 - 73 of 73 Posts