Mens Tennis Forums banner

321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
AgassiDomination said:
I see no reason why he should'nt have had trouble with Grosjean, Grosjean made it to the semis twice in a row at Wimbly...
His H2H record against Grosjean is one sided and it had been a long time since Grosjean had even won a set off Roddick up till their last match up

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
True, but if Grosjeans most successful slam is Wimbly and RG(semis) why should it be a shocker that Grosjean has better results against tougher players when he himself plays well? Ignoring the horrendous FS% :p

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
AgassiDomination said:
True, but if Grosjeans most successful slam is Wimbly and RG(semis) why should it be a shocker that Grosjean has better results against tougher players when he himself plays well? Ignoring the horrendous FS% :p
Grosjean has made some great results at Wimbledon but that should be independent of the match up between players.

On grass Roddick vs, Grosjean

2005 Rod 6-4 7-6
2004 Rod 7-6 6-4
2003 Rod 6-3 6-3

Thats over a span of 3 years and in this period, Grosjean must have played some good tennis at least and still be beaten in straight sets.

I don't believe that just because it is Wimbledon, should Roddick have much more difficulty playing Grosjean than the other games. Perhaps Grosjean is playing better or Roddick has dropped down a level.

·
Registered
250 Posts
still raining there...even if it stops soon, they need time to dry the courts and there is only a couple hours of light left...i'm thinking they resume tomorrow...tojo +350 here

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
activist_99 said:
Er....Roddick has won a Grand Slam title though....

When was the last time Hewitt won a Grand Slam again?
I just thought it was worth pointing out that Hewitt has bowed out at the hands of the eventual champion in the last five grand slam events he has played and with this loss to Roger that will more than likely make it six.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The covers are off now and the rain has stopped...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Just as they put the net up it started raining again :( No more play today, I don't think

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Are the players already on court?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
No, the players didn't come out at all. It stopped raining for about 10 minutes and as they started to set up again, the rain came back.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
tangerine_dream said:
So Roger destroys Lleyton again. Proves once again that the powers that be were correct in moving Roddick up to No. 2 and Lleyton demoted to No. 3. Unlike Andy, Lleyton simply cannot compete, on any level, with Roger.
Im no Andy hater, in fact I find him to be quite a funny and affable guy, but Tangy I feel you are a little misguided when it comes to the concept of 'competing'.

As you probably know being a big Andy fan he has a 1-8 H2H record against Roger. Hmmmmm not as competitive as I thought it would be.

Ok I'll check to see if they were close matches because sometimes H2H stats can be a little misleading. Hmmmmmmmm in those nine matches he has won a grand total of 4 sets out of the 23 played against Federer. Once again unless I am mistaken that is not very competitive.

Fair enough, that is against the best player to grace the earth in recent times and noone has really been able to stick with him so I will cut you come slack.

Okay lets try this one out, we'll see how Mr Roddick stacks up against Mr Hewitt. Surely if Wimbledon deems him the second best player he must be better than Lleyton.

First I'll just check out the head to head, just let me type it in...... WOW I'm shocked Hewitt has beaten him six times out of the seven times they have met and four of those were on American soil!

Geez Tangy things aren't looking so great for you and your competitive theory. But on the bright side maybe Andy can turn those results around in the final, assuming he gets past Tojo.

321 - 340 of 342 Posts