Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guga plays in the first match tonight...

here's an article lol..

Guga can play three times in this fifth.09/01/2003 to 07h05 Auckland (New Zelândia)

- rain continues leaving the organisators of the match of Auckland of hair in foot. After causing the adjournment of all the programming of Wednesday, it hindered that other departures marked for the dawn of this fifth were concluded. Between the interrupted games he is that one where Gustavo Kuerten faces the North American Michael Russell, for the eighth-of-end. After to have lost the first set for 6/4 and won the second 6-4, qualifier Russell is in disadvantage of 0/30 in the first partial game of the decisive set on his serve. The duel, that was interrupted in four occasions, recommences in this fifth day, to the 20 hours(Brazilian time), with transmission live point by point of the partnership [email protected]/UOL Sports. In case that he is successful, the Brazilian one comes back to squares later about one hour and stocking, to catch, of this time, the Argentine Guillermo Coria, who surpassed the Spaniard Fernando Vicente in the night of yesterday, for double 6/2. Kuerten still has one "third" departure programmed for this dawn. Soon after to face Coria (if he wins against Russell), Guga will have some few minutes to recoup the energies and to return for the departure of pairs. To the side of the miner Andres Sá, the Brazilian faces the winners of the game involving the partnership formed for the New zealanders Alistair Hunt and Mark Nielsen and that composed for the David South Africans Adams and Robbie Koenig, who still did not played because of bad weather.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
I hope he wins the 1st.
he'd be mad to try and win all three (even playing 3 in a day is a bit suicidal just before a slam)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I think he will give everything in the first singles.
Hopefully, if he wins, I dont see him playing half-assed against Coria.

He´d better throw the doubles away if he manages to win, then

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: Go GUGA Go :bounce: :bounce:

Hopefully I have all the good news I want when I return.

·
Registered
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope he can win all his matches... that damn weather.. all its fault!!! I agree he has to save energy for AO though.... matches against Coria are never easy.....

·
Registered
682 Posts
I hope he can win this match at least - and even against Coria if it comes to that. But, I also don't want him to use all his energy and not have any left for the AO.

Anyway, go Guga!!

:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
OMG! Am I dreaming????
Guga and Russell in the court??? And the LIVE tag on the screen???

YAY!!!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Russel serves 6-4 4-6 0-30

0-40 Long rally, Guga hits a weird slice to shorten the ball on R´s fh, he hits long
Russell nets a fh

Game Guga 1-0 :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
They will play anyway....

Guga serves