Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. You mentioned after the match the other day that you just wanted to play conservatively. Were you trying to make a point to push yourself and be more aggressive?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, different opponent, different day. I mean, Garcia-Lopez was playing from the baseline, trying to run around his backhand, you know. Playing with a lot of spin and sort of also tends to like just move you around and wait for a mistake.
With him it's a different. He's going to force the issue. You are a going to see many more unforced errors from his point, but maybe more offensive play from my side because we both want to get to the net as quick as possible.
Look, I've always enjoyed playing against the Frenchmen. They have good techniques, playing style, unbelievable shot making. It sometimes tends to be to be a bit easier playing against them. They make you better tennis than, for instance the Spaniards, who are just going to throw the ball into play.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
:lol: Another 100 page storm of MTF crap coming with this comment.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
i dont know what to say

he must be sick again :) mild fever

Reactions: Truc

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
now how did i know this thread would be created the minute i saw that comment. ahhhh typical MTF....

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Q. You mentioned after the match the other day that you just wanted to play conservatively. Were you trying to make a point to push yourself and be more aggressive?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, different opponent, different day. I mean, Garcia-Lopez was playing from the baseline, trying to run around his backhand, you know. Playing with a lot of spin and sort of also tends to like just move you around and wait for a mistake.
With him it's a different. He's going to force the issue. You are a going to see many more unforced errors from his point, but maybe more offensive play from my side because we both want to get to the net as quick as possible.
Look, I've always enjoyed playing against the Frenchmen. They have good techniques, playing style, unbelievable shot making. It sometimes tends to be to be a bit easier playing against them. They make you better tennis than, for instance the Spaniards, who are just going to throw the ball into play.
That bugs you so, Roger:hug::lol:

Reactions: Tennis-Engineer

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
The main Spaniard is his lover Rafa. This comment is basically taking a shot at his wifey.
That's how love is, sometimes bitter sometimes sweet:lol:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
:lol: what a coincidence, he bashes the Spanish and praises the French.

So now a question......which nation does Federer have a considerbly better record against? :scratch:

$10 for the first correct answer.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
definitely better vs french than vs spanish

and even better than against the french? the americans

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
He's not far from the truth, French players play a much more spectacular style of tennis than the Spaniards - and don't win nearly as much.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
if you allow me to just bold a few more parts....

i think he likes the French more because he likes playing good tennis or beautiful tennis. in a way, fed could be saying that he likes playing against french, because he can adapt a better style then when he plays again Spaniards. i interpret it as a love for the beauty of the game.

meh....ready for all the attacks anyways...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
He's not far from the truth, French players play a much more spectacular style of tennis than the Spaniards - and don't win nearly as much.
okay, you articulated it better than me. :lol:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
if you allow me to just bold a few more parts....

i think he likes the French more because he likes playing good tennis or beautiful tennis. in a way, fed could be saying that he likes playing against french, because he can adapt a better style then when he plays again Spaniards. i interpret it as a love for the beauty of the game.

meh....ready for all the attacks anyways...
Everyone should play the way Federer wants them to :( :sad:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Well it's true, isn't it? The French and the Spaniards have two clearly different styles of play. The French are all-courters who can hit with a lot of variety and make incredible shots sometimes, but are often a little mental. The Spanish, as a rule, like to play at the baseline where they will grind their opponents down. They usually have decent backhands, but they prefer to run around and hit a forehand whenever possible. I don't think Federer was trying to take anything away from the Spaniards. And certainly it's understandable how he (or anyone, really) would prefer to play against a Frenchman than a Spaniard.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts