Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We thought about it," the French Open's tournament director, Gilbert Ysern, told L'Equipe. "We could not not ask the question for a champion like him, who has embodied the tournament for 10 years and only once not won a match. But the circumstances are different."

Nadal has seen his ranking drop following an injury-plagued season in which he did not play most of the second half of 2014. Two years ago, Nadal was also coming in off an injury-filled and entered the clay-court season ranked lower than No. 4, but he lifted his ranking by the French Open. The tournament declined to change his seeding that time as well.

However, Nadal is not in the same position anymore, according to Ysern, who explained, "In 2013, he came in injured. Today, it is his sporting level, it seems, which has fallen. He is not hampered. So, we will not adjust the seedings in his favor."

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015...-says-tournament-director/54745/#.VT3FjdKqpBd

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
:worship:
Nole is in heaven.

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

They aren't giving Na dull free-rides anymore. :sad:

·
|
15,758 Posts
Yes! I was hoping for a Djokovic/Nadal QF so Djokovic loses a big chunk of ranking points :yeah:
Thank you Roland Garros, you've done the tennis (anti-Djokovic) world a huge favor :yeah:
As long as Nadal doesn't win Madrid/Rome, we can keep alive the possibility of a Nadjokovic QF!

·
Premium Member
21,595 Posts
Yes! I was hoping for a Djokovic/Nadal QF so Djokovic loses a big chunk of ranking points :yeah:
Thank you Roland Garros, you've done the tennis (anti-Djokovic) world a huge favor :yeah:
As long as Nadal doesn't win Madrid/Rome, we can keep alive the possibility of a Nadjokovic QF!
Be careful what you wish for, Nole losing ~800 points won't affect his ranking, however Nadal losing ~1600 would make Nadal drop like a stone. :)

·
|
15,758 Posts
Be careful what you wish for, Nole losing ~800 points won't affect his ranking, however Nadal losing ~1600 would make Nadal drop like a stone. :)
No chance of that my friend, this is Roland Garros, not Monte Carlo (the place which Djokovic beat Nadal in straight sets in 2013 and 2015, and the place Ferrer beat Nadal in straight sets in 2014!) :lol:

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
as it matters, Nadal isn't losing to anyone excpet Djokovic there,neither Djokovic isn't losing to anybody in the draw, would be even better if he loses in the final plate slam could be collected

on the other side i wouldn't matter if Nadalovic QF happens, this wouldbring orgasms from first Sunday already

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Bullzilla in ruins.

The French are 100% correct of course. His form should determine his seeding. Not how he fared there 12 months ago. How hopefully they go the extra mile and put him in the Djoker of Kei's QF.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
Still hoping for the quiet draw rigging
:lol:

like you have to hope. 99% of Nadal's draws are walk in the park, this 1% he sacrificed himself in MC and Barca. honestly, when Nadal got a tough draw at slam ? even when he gets it, every single one of dangerous players gets out before he faces nadal

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
:lol:

like you have to hope. 99% of Nadal's draws are walk in the park, this 1% he sacrificed himself in MC and Barca. honestly, when Nadal got a tough draw at slam ? even when he gets it, every single one of dangerous players gets out before he faces nadal
YOu can copy this and just paste it later. Everytime you sound the same.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Eh, I don't think the seeding matters that much. If Rafa meets Novak, it's basically the final no matter what round it's in. I mean, it matters to the tournament, who would obviously rather see them in the final, but not really that much in the grand scheme of things.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts