Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
1,500 on Mathieu, not outer courts.
The 5,000 figures for Chatrier and Lenglen are cumulative — 5,000 in Chatrier zone (Chatrier + adjacent courts) and 5,000 in Lenglen zone (Lenglen + adjacent courts).

Players will love new prize money distribution — R1 losers will receive a record €60,000.

·
Your visions will happen
48,551 Posts
Well they need the money plus of course masks and distancing, so should be ok

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Basically every activity poses a higher risk of getting the Virus than attending a tennis match, don't see a problem.

Reactions: nachotuerto

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Good move. Managing 20,000 spectators every day would be too much. Now they cut down to 1/4th of that, making their lives relatively easy. Baby steps, is the way to go.

·
Registered
68,118 Posts
This is great news tennis is not the same with no audience

Reactions: Losange

·
Your visions will happen
48,551 Posts
@Mateya will be happy about this one

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I assume they're thinking about French spectators? Thousands of them willing to watch a match wearing a mask. Not me!

Hopefully everything goes as planned. It's not rocket science to figure out the virus loves areas with more people. And right now France sees the numbers going up.

Reactions: cpbdea

·
Registered
17,608 Posts
Stupid. Covid will undoubtedly infect spectators. And then everyone will go, “Who could have foreseen this??”

·
23,484 Posts
At first I would've agreed, but it seems France is having a bigger wave than the first one -- almost 9K a day is the highest, and was during September 4. 5000 spectators per big doesn't seem too bad, although I thought PC is the smallest Grand Slam center court and could be packed? Argurably it's safer to be in New York right now in terms of new cases, although active cases does seem to be in this 60K plateau for how many days now.

Will be interesting to see the seating arrangements though. Makes me wonder how they're gonna do it in the outside courts which are mostly stands from what I know.

·
Registered
68,118 Posts
At first I would've agreed, but it seems France is having a bigger wave than the first one -- almost 9K a day is the highest, and was during September 4. 5000 spectators per big doesn't seem too bad, although I thought PC is the smallest Grand Slam center court and could be packed? Argurably it's safer to be in New York right now in terms of new cases, although active cases does seem to be in this 60K plateau for how many days now.

Will be interesting to see the seating arrangements though. Makes me wonder how they're gonna do it in the outside courts which are mostly stands from what I know.
Positives are high just because they are doing tests massively like in Spain but just check deaths and compare them with first wave...there is no comparison

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
It will be fine. They have been thinking to it on a daily basis and with the very recent numbers too. There is space enough to ensure the distancing, it is an outside event, no need to panic. To my opinion, it is still much more dangerous to take a packed metro even if everyone wears a mask.

·
Registered
68,118 Posts
It will be fine. They have been thinking to it on a daily basis and with the very recent numbers too. There is space enough to ensure the distancing, it is an outside event, no need to panic. To my opinion, it is still much more dangerous to take a packed metro even if everyone wears a mask.
Exactly...and also life has to start going on some day

1 - 20 of 58 Posts