Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned it on when it mattered, some very clinical shotmaking at times.

Coria did well.

Good clay-courter.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I didn't get to watch any of the match, but great to see Sinner marching on.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I reckon Alexander Zverev will out-experience him and get the job done one way or another but it will be an interesting litmus test at this stage in Jannik Sinner's career.

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
Coria did nothing wrong and this is the result. Nothing to be done when he served for the third set either, simply a matter of Sinner turning on his PlayStation mode.

As for Sinner, the downside for him of being so much better as an attacking player against a defensive opponent is that you end up at the net a lot and he looked very shaky there. Volleys as well as overheads. Desperately needs to improve there or else he will get stuck at some point

·
Registered
748 Posts
An already 19-year-old some have touted as a future ATG is finally breaking through at the Slams. Good to see and very healthy for the game.

Coria definitely lived up to his family's name, great tournament for him.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I could not see this match as I watched Gaston vs Wawrinka, but of course I am happy with the first second week in GS of Jannik. I knew he could do it after having beaten Goffin. Jannik' tournament is a success but I hope for more. He will have nothing to lose if plays Zverev next.
And congratulations for Federico Coria, as he had a great tournament.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Into the 4th round without losing a set, not bad.
Very good result for him, next is zverev and I can't see him outlasting him, but he will throw up a challenge, maybe even take a set.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Great tournament for Jannik, it's always refreshing when such a young, talented guy advances to R4 of a slam but he surely wants more. Can't wait to watch his match against Zverev.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Very clinical at times from Jannik indeed. And as far as I've understood that's exactly why some don't like his style that much.

Nothing wrong with that to me though, great to see someone as young as him having that sort of steady approach to things on court.

Keep on the good work Jannik, as I may need a new 'hero' to cheer for in a couple of years time (some might say even sooner than that, but I'm still keeping some hope alive for the time being).

Great tournament for both Jannik and Coria, considering we're talking about a slam here.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Great tournament for Jannik, it's always refreshing when such a young, talented guy advances to R4 of a slam but he surely wants more. Can't wait to watch his match against Zverev.
agreed. advancing to the second week is not his goal for sure. you can see in his eyes and demeanor that he wants to be the very best

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
As for Sinner, the downside for him of being so much better as an attacking player against a defensive opponent is that you end up at the net a lot and he looked very shaky there. Volleys as well as overheads. Desperately needs to improve there or else he will get stuck at some point
Luckily he's got lots of time to improve in those areas, just like in all the other areas he still really needs to work on - there are quite a few.

agreed. advancing to the second week is not his goal for sure. you can see in his eyes and demeanor that he wants to be the very best
We are witnessing a new champion in the making. At least as long as you as Jannik and those around him. Extremely determined young fella, has always been.

·
23,933 Posts
We are witnessing a new champion in the making. At least as long as you as Jannik and those around him. Extremely determined young fella, has always been.
Pokemon?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Pokemon champ one day soon?
Not quite sure if Jannik had that in mind ;).

I'm totally clueless myself when it comes to anything game related, but there certainly are a whole lot of players indulging in them while hanging around in their hotel rooms. No matter how many rounds they win they still feel the urge to make it on court - except for this one guy from down under whom I just remembered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts