Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, carrying this over to a second day didn't help Richard at all. Excellent performance by Fernando.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
GOATdasco was in the zone.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Verdasco looking very good out there, he should have chances against Kohli or Muzzah, no matter which one will play against him.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Too bad for Richie but he has never been too good on clay. Verdasco can make the semis here I think. Keep going Nando.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Sad to see Gasquet devolving from an offensive shotmaker into a defensive pusher over the years.

·
21,308 Posts
Quite happy with Gasquet's performance in the tournament. He started practicing 10 days before RG after almost 2 months of no play or practice. Then he couldn't play for more than 30 minutes without pain and could not serve at all. All that considered, he has come a long way. Hopefully he is fully fit by Wimbledon.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Verdasco was really superb... :hatoff:

But to ignorant haters - Richard has had back injuries for 6 months, a very serious one for the past 3. He didn't play any matches between Miami and Roland Garros, didn't even hit a practice ball after Monte Carlo until 10 days before RG, and only started serving and playing points again the week before this tournament. Great effort from him to get to R3. :yeah:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
simple and clean. well done fernando!!!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
When on form, Verdasco is one of my favourite players to watch. I remember watching him at Queens Club several years back thinking if it only wasn't for his inconsistency he'd be ranked much higher...he certainly has the shots (not to mention the AO semi against Rafa was probably the best I've seen someone play and lose a match).

Let's enjoy this while it lasts!

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I'd be safe to assume that Gasquet was absolutely chuffed with himself already for winning two matches.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts