Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solid win for John as the underdog in this one. First American man to reach the 4th Round here since Robby Ginepri in 2010. Good stuff from the big man.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Good win to be honest. I thought he was going to lose it in 5

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Isner to save tennis with a routine 7-6 6-4 7-6 win.
Close enough. Always funny to see Robredo being made a favorite vs huge servers and then lose every single time. Well done Isner, tennis saved :yeah:

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
If Isner had won in 3 tb with the stats at that point this would have been maybe the most ridiculous match stt wise. Something to ask Voo. As it was Isner deserved it but I think Boredo had 41/11 W/UE, 3 more points won, higher % won on 1st and 2nd serve (and higher 1st serve %) and lost :lol: Have to feel a bit bad for Boredo, he's had a nice 2nd career comeback and this loss hurts a lot. But go Jizzner take out Berdshit :aparty: Solid play from him except way too passive on Boredo's serve when he finally got aggressive he broke pretty easily.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe this win also means John is back in the Top 10. 2,690 points to Kei's 2,645.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Isner-Karlovic final will save tennis

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Thank you John for ridding us of Boredo. Would have probably been an eaiser opponent for Tomas, but I can't stand that boring prick.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Isner had multiple breakpoints too, he wasn't totally clueless in rallies either. Got the minibreak back down setpoint in the first with supreme play and this guy just has great game for his size.

In short, fuck the haters, I'm psyched with this win.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
John is doing well to avoid going to distance. Being unable to close in 3 or 4 sets has been his undoing at slams and now he has a shot at his first deep run in quite some time.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts