Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kyrgios-Edmund has been pulled from the OOP (was first up on Court 7) and the draw lists it as a walkover. No word yet as to what made Edmund withdraw.

Edit: Confirmed by Kyrgios' brother -

Christos Kyrgios ‏@xkyrgios
@BenRothenberg it is confirmed.. Speedy recovery Kyle.

Edit2: Seems from various journalists on Twitter that Edmund has a stomach injury (from before his 1R match) that he doesn't want to risk injuring further. Russell Fuller: "The sense is that Edmund probably could play but is worried that he might make it worse and end up missing the grass court season"

·
MONSOON season.
81,978 Posts
Shame as would have been interesting to watch.
I think it would have been a complete beatdown :eek:

I wonder what is wrong with Edmund. Didn't show any physical problems against Robert, other than cramping.

·
Registered
16,693 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
First my Suarez Navarro bet gets voided because the other chick gave up and now this? Ffs.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No Sex. :sad:
Kyrgios now has loads of extra time and no matches to play until R3. He might not even leave his hotel room. ;) Unless that FIFA tournament happens, of course.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
Kyrgios would have no chance in R3 anyway, but now he has to somehow deal with the dreaded RG walkover.
Let's not act like Murray is some kind of clay god all of a sudden.

·
Registered
21,632 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Smart move to just withdraw if he thought playing would risk further injury. I can see Kyle doing very well in the grass season so it's good to that he's decided to rest up.

Kyrgios got lucky. I'm sure Kyle would have thrashed him if it meant getting to play Clayray :cool:

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Shame. How many qualifiers are left now? Edmund got through in a qualifier vs qualifier match and now he is injured. How cursed can the qualifiers be?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts