Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes, Struff..

Opportunity to make a R3, again fails to make inroads, but watch him annoy some top 20 player outside a slam.

Reactions: Dimitard

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Struff wouldn't have made the QF anyway to gain points, was in R16 last year.

Well, well Daniel, long time coming after all of this injuries but now he finally shows why he is the bigger prospect than Molleker. such natural Power and I love this one handed Backhand! :)

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Great result for tennis and a nice rise up the rankings for Altmaier. He's an exciting player with a beautiful one-handed backhand and if he can stay injury free, he could do very well. I really like his game and he would have broken through sooner if he wasn't out for a whole year with injury

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Struff wouldn't have made the QF anyway to gain points, was in R16 last year.

Well, well Daniel, long time coming after all of this injuries but now he finally shows why he is the bigger prospect than Molleker. such natural Power and I love this one handed Backhand! :)
True and while I always preferred Altmaier, Molleker's decline has been disappointing. Same with Kuhn

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Also Struff might be the most overrated player of MTF. Always depicted as some sort of tough or unpleasant draw (also when the big 3 get him) but he usually never wins anything lol

·
Registered
19,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also Struff might be the most overrated player of MTF. Always depicted as some sort of tough or unpleasant draw (also when the big 3 get him) but he usually never wins anything lol
Have you checked his record against the top 20 since last year?

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Disappointing result here

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
It's pretty big.

Altmeier is playing at a much higher level than a challenger player at the moment. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain that level.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Altmaier doesnt have a challenger title. Gets gunned down every time he seeks for one.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Altmaier doesnt have a challenger title. Gets gunned down every time he seeks for one.
Thank you as well.

Aside from a 4-5 ret against Otte, Altmaier has won 8 matches in a row, pretty sure this level would be enough to win most Challengers on clay, at least in a non covid field.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Thank you as well.

Aside from a 4-5 ret against Otte, Altmaier has won 8 matches in a row, pretty sure this level would be enough to win most Challengers on clay, at least in a non covid field.
Altmaier has reached final of challenger tournament once. He got gunned down by 37 or 38 years old man 1–6, 2–6.

As I stated for the topic: The difference between a good challenger level player and ATP journeyman is not big at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts