Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal doing the usual when he plays a one hander. but thiem got 7 games that good :)played marginally better in the 3rd.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Roland Garros R2: Nadal [1] def. Thiem 6-2 6-2 6-3

And this guy was supposed to trouble the King of Clay at Roland Garros? Don't make me laugh, MTF.

Brainless ballbasher if I ever saw one. Nadal was great the first two sets, mediocre the third but gutted it out with Thiem blindly hitting at everything that moved.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
French Open R2: (1) Nadal def. Thiem 6-2 6-2 6-3

Some good stuff from the young kid. Backhand is scarily exact to Stan's. We'll definitely be seeing more of him. As for Rafa, well, people who thought he was vulnerable on clay need to only watch these first 2 rounds and don't give me the ''it's Ginepri and Thiem'' crap.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Re: French Open R2: (1) Nadal def. Thiem 6-2 6-2 6-3

pathetic. Needs 2 hrs to routine a score like 62 62 63. Wondering how much time was on buttpicking :lol:
Again 16 winners in 3 sets.:spit:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nadal's horror draw continues ... lol. What a joke. Both the draw and the man. His fakeness wants me want to puke. Thiem ... has a lot to learn. He got his ass kicked

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Thiem is never going to get it done with that serve, the speed isn't bad but placement is as shitty as it gets, specially lacks of good slice serve on deuce side which is essentially to have to beat Nadal

As for Rafito, he is back to his pushing origins. Good luck in beating Djokovic with it

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Draw will get harder with each passing night for Rafito. Prospect of meeting Lajovic and Leo Mayer in the upcoming rounds is scary.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Thiem didn't recovered yet from the virus, it was pretty obvious.

Decent match from Nadal, Thiem was really bad.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Nadal was solid and Thiem's shots went all over the place. He hit some spectacular winners here and there but nothing he could trouble Rafa with

Nadal's matches are now unwatchable until the quarter finals

:zzz:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Thiem is never going to get it done with that serve, the speed isn't bad but placement is as shitty as it gets, specially lacks of good slice serve on deuce side which is essentially to have to beat Nadal

As for Rafito, he is back to his pushing origins. Good luck in beating Djokovic with it
he can serve a lot better than he did today

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Re: Roland Garros R2: Nadal [1] def. Thiem 6-2 6-2 6-3

Brainless ballbasher if I ever saw one. Nadal was great the first two sets, mediocre the third but gutted it out with Thiem blindly hitting at everything that moved.
Then you never saw one. :shrug:

Nadal did what he usually does: Defended, moonballed to opponent backhand and relied on errors. As usual on this surface he was successful.

If Thiem improves his serve and backhand a little he will be a force in the future. That forehand is excellent.

Anyways, see you in the QF Rafa

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Good 3rd set for Dominic, we should take the positives, on to the grass with a better draw he could make a splash. Lets be honest did anyone expect him to win, so it isn't the end of the world. Nadal played well and deserved the win. :worship:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Draw will get harder with each passing night for Rafito. Prospect of meeting Lajovic/Sock/Johnson and Leo Mayer in the upcoming rounds is scary.
Fixed.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Nadal was solid. Thiem. :worship: He will be a champion. He should win RG at least once.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts