Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brilliant match. Stan Wawrinka is a true warrior. At 34, and having had dual knee surgery, he still has the fire and the power. He was just better in the clutch moments. Tsitsipas had many break points, but Stan fought most of them off. I have to say though, Tsitsipas was mentally very tough for the most part.

Still, his arrogance and behavior on court was sometimes abdominable. He just had to take the time to look at every single ball he thought was close, just to walk up there, look and walk back. He also changed his racket many times during Stan's serve. He was warned for improper conduct and should have received a point penalty, per the rules, when he purposely hit a ball into the stands. Stan argued for it, but the idiot umpire wouldn't listen.

So glad Stan won, but I wonder what he'll have left for Roger.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Are you serious?

Lol

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Brilliant match. Stan Wawrinka is a true warrior. At 34, and having had dual knee surgery, he still has the fire and the power. He was just better in the clutch moments. Tsitsipas had many break points, but Stan fought most of them off. I have to say though, Tsitsipas was mentally very tough for the most part.

Still, his arrogance and behavior on court was sometimes abdominable. He just had to take the time to look at every single ball he thought was close, just to walk up there, look and walk back. He also changed his racket many times during Stan's serve. He was warned for improper conduct and should have received a point penalty, per the rules, when he purposely hit a ball into the stands. Stan argued for it, but the idiot umpire wouldn't listen.

I am not sure what the Greece guy is talking about, but then again, I am never sure what he is moaning about.

I agree with your assessment and I have a bad feeling Stanislas Wawrinka won't have enough left.

·
Registered
173 Posts

The Greek does carry himself with a sense of entitlement. He's does have passive-aggressive tantrums on the court,, i.e. making players wait while he casually changes racquet, checking/having the Chair check every alleged close call. Yes, even the way he walks around the court (like George Jefferson) is arrogant. But, he's young. At least his a winner.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts