Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Easy peasy

He will actually give Thiem something to deal with next round.

Opelka had some interesting self talk/screaming criticism at 1-3 30-15 2nd set, which I didnt quite understand. Something about "*inaudible you play in five YEARS, you cant move man, you cant touch one ball" etc

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
This is not the time of servebots, the Golem out again in R1

·
Registered
16,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is not the time of servebots, the Golem out again in R1
Opelka's slam history looking pretty weak

Played some toughies though

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I saw some parts of the third set of Jack Sock in round 2 of the qualifications against Facundo Bagnis, and I saw a player I had not seen in years. So I was confident he would beat Opelka as the heavy clay courts are the worst possible conditions for the giant American. No surprise in the result here, just a confirmation that Jack Sock is hungry again.

·
Registered
16,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw some parts of the third set of Jack Sock in round 2 of the qualifications against Facundo Bagnis, and I saw a player I had not seen in years. So I was confident he would beat Opelka as the heavy clay courts are the worst possible conditions for the giant American. No surprise in the result here, just a confirmation that Jack Sock is hungry again.
He was even hungrier a year ago, look at him!

s/

Reactions: mrcod4 and allpro

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Is Opelka still injured? I didn't see any of the match. I would have expected his movement to have been (even) worse than usual.

·
justice for all
15,121 Posts
Didn't watch it. Was something wrong with Opelka's serve or was Sock that good on ROS? Anyone knows?

·
Registered
16,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't watch it. Was something wrong with Opelka's serve or was Sock that good on ROS? Anyone knows?
Sock got some good returns back in, Opelka's serve percentage slightly lacking, but really Opelka was quite dire today off the ground... we called him the best baseliner of the servebot lot and he has that potential, but he wasn't all that today. Probably still rust/injury hangover.

Sock looked good and confident though.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Opelka is the best first strike player of all the servebots, not going to get it done on slow clay like today where you need to construct your points.

Not a surface for Opelka.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts