Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kyrgios showed his potential in this match, he has a dynamic, attacking game with real flare. He's currently very erratic and misses way too much, but once he's cleaned up his game, I can see him doing big things. This should definitely not have been straight sets and wasn't routine for Raonic, it was wishful
thinking on my part to hope for Kyrgios to pull off the upset though.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Bot 2.0 def. Bot 1.0

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
It went to Milos in 3 as expected, but the less said about this match, the better. He did about the minimum necessary to get through it. On to R2 against Rosol/Vesely where the level of play from him should improve.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Milos was horrible. Yes straight sets, but 2x broken and after 2nd serve he was something like 36% points won iin the end. Horrible numbers vs guy like Kyrgios - who is attacking playeer with big serve, not best defender, returner.... Milos should improove visibly in next rounds

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This match received a lot of attention but Milos did his job and won easily. Milos is playing much better on clay and he certainly is not a serve bot. I think Milos did a good job considering he played first on Sunday. This was a straight forward straight set win for Milos.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Milos was horrible. Yes straight sets, but 2x broken and after 2nd serve he was something like 36% points won iin the end. Horrible numbers vs guy like Kyrgios - who is attacking playeer with big serve, not best defender, returner.... Milos should improove visibly in next rounds
Honestly who cares? Milos got the win and in straight sets that's all that matters.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Agree Kyrgios showed good potential ... at least in the late first and in the second. He was better than Milos for good stretches there. But Milos winning only 39% of 2nd serves? Yikes!!! Anyways, Milos played just well enough to win (didn't seem to even be in 2nd gear) so guess that's ok. Yup, on to the next round & definitely should improve.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
First round matches in slams are often like this, Some people are strange they expect perfection in the first round. The important thing is Milos got the win. Milos might have been nervous. But, despite the eight double faults he still served twenty seven aces. The important thing is Milos did not let the match get more complicated and he now has the rest of the day off.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
at least nick broke raonic, but disappointing result anyway imo. i thought nick would win one set at least
tough draw :hug:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Was sweating my Raonic -2.5 bet for awhile in that second set, but thank God Kyrgios is a terrible player. This guy has no business in a slam, but you could say that for a lot of guys nowadays.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
god this match was ugly, neither one even played well. raonic is pretty damn lucky he didnt draw one of the more dangerous clay courters like giraldo or berlocq or he would have lost

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
god this match was ugly, neither one even played well. raonic is pretty damn lucky he didnt draw one of the more dangerous clay courters like giraldo or berlocq or he would have lost
He likely would have played much better than this if he had faced someone that would have given him a real challenge.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts