Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match up of 2 legends in Paris...
Zverev is a prime class fighter, who just retires when crawling over the court, his baselin game is an absolut joy to watch and he finishes over 50% of his matches...
Mesaros on the other side is one of those hard working honest tennisplayers who never would fix a single match...
He lost against czech republics rising stark Lustyk in 3 sets, where just a huge amount of double faults in the third set cost him the victory (i guess he was nervous cause he had chances to beat this Lustyk goat in his home country...)

So who will continue to r2?

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Haha when the draw came out I texted a friend, who gave me a pre-draw suggestion to put all my money against Mesaros, telling him I'm not so sure about that anymore as he plays Zverev. :lol:
Probably the most ridiculous match of QR1.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I hate the fact that there is no stream for Q matches. We talk about French Open after all. Why Australian Open got one and this one doesn't :( . I so badly want to see this. :( Comedy gold for sure..
Anyway i think Zverev is better player and should win. But hey it's Zverev after all. If Mesaros somehow win the first set idiot will most probably retire like he always does.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
This will be an amazing match to see...two players who undoubtedly have large bets against themselves both trying to lose the match...i'm assuming they are familiar with each other's tanking tactics, so I'm gonna say that both retire at exactly the time when the first set is over.

Or maybe one of them pulls the ultimate move and finds a bookie that accepts the bet once the first ball is player?

·
MONSOON season.
81,403 Posts
Mischa was crap one or two seasons ago as well and then all of a sudden showed up in the RG qualies.

*Edit: 2012, he qualified beating Bautista Agut (Q1) and Hajek (Q3) and double bagelling Olaso.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts