Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Disgusting

Votes: 59 75.6%
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE 3: Literally one court is in ruins. Damn metal panel falls on the crowd and three are injured. Slightly, but it could have been worse.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
UPDATE: Second match suspended. Kohlschreiber tries to complete comeback from 0-2 sets. At least he's up a break, but we'll see what's going on tomorrow. :facepalm: This is getting more ridiculous by the day.
UPDATE 2: Now he lost. Started off slow and got broken twice. DISGUSTING
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I can understand no roof as even US Open doesn't have a roof, but no lights? On none of the courts? Even damn ATP 250 events have lights and the king of all clay events has not a single court with lights? Utterly disgusting and disgraceful.

Now the Muller-Lorenzi match is the first to succumb to this shit in this main draw after players have endured 4 sets. Now all the momentum swings again. :facepalm:
Don't forget last year the Kohli-Murray match where they were suspended after being tied in the 5th. It kills the drama and suspense and the player who fights back usually will lose momentum. It sucks.

Not to mention horrible security. Only at the French Open do incidents slip through so often. :facepalm:

What are your thoughts on this venue?

Reactions: SHOKAN

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Re: French Open has worst venue of all slams?

I can understand no roof as even US Open doesn't have a roof, but no lights? On none of the courts? Even damn ATP 250 events have lights and the king of all clay events has not a single court with lights? Utterly disgusting and disgraceful.

Now the Muller-Lorenzi match is the first to succumb to this shit in this main draw after players have endured 4 sets. Now all the momentum swings again. :facepalm:

Not to mention horrible security. Only at the French Open do incidents slip through so often. :facepalm:

What are your thoughts on this disgusting venue?
I'm pretty sure you think Beverly Hills is a better place than Lake Como because they have cops everywhere, McDonalds and modern streets withs lots of lights.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm pretty sure you think Beverly Hills is a better place than Lake Como because they have cops everywhere, McDonalds and modern streets withs lots of lights.
:spit: What?

·
Registered
645 Posts

best GS tournament!
mostly because i love clay tennis most :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

It's NYC easily. Because you need hours from Manhattan to get there and because of the airport noise.

No lights is a problem in Paris, but only a minor problem, and they're about to fix it when they finally renovate the entire complex. I think they didn't have lights in Wimby either until a couple of years ago, did they?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts

What are your thoughts on this disgusting venue?
Are you sure you wanna hear thoughts or you rather seek for confirmation on your thoughts how disgusting this venue is? Given how you asked the question and what are the poll options, I would say the latter.

·
|
14,993 Posts

Crowd capacity-
Roland Garros Court Philippe Chatrier = 14,911
Wimbledon Centre Court = 15,000

Court size-
Roland Garros Court Philippe Chatrier = 70x140 feet
Wimbledon Centre Court = 72x135 feet

·
Registered
372 Posts

Every Masters 1000 tournament on tour even has lights, and this grand slam tournament doesn't lol. Really sad.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

It's 2015, and they don't have lights :lol:
I can understand the centre courts not having lights, but the smaller court areas? They could have installed a couple lights there. They had a whole year since last RG and they couldn't do shit? :facepalm:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

Has the thread about worst crowd been opened yet?

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Are you sure you wanna hear thoughts or you rather seek for confirmation on your thoughts how disgusting this venue is? Given how you asked the question and what are the poll options, I would say the latter.
:lol: Yes I want to see confirmation on my thoughts, which are accurate based on what is seen for years.

It is quite sad though that in 2015 they don't even have a couple light posts yet.

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts

It's NYC easily. Because you need hours from Manhattan to get there and because of the airport noise.

No lights is a problem in Paris, but only a minor problem, and they're about to fix it when they finally renovate the entire complex. I think they didn't have lights in Wimby either until a couple of years ago, did they?
Hours from Manhattan? Are you talking walking distance?

RG is in a rich part of Paris - a stone throw away from Parc des Princes too. Lights ain't happening.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts

Roland Garros is the cup of Christ.
i think you'll find thats the holy grail

currently disgusted as the SkyBet League One Championship title

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

They don't need lights :shrug:

1 - 20 of 145 Posts