Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
The point is not Halle or Queens, the point is one week less between RG and Wimbledon. The time to switch from clay to grass is very short anyway, and one week less makes it even worse. But let's see what Federer decides, in case RG really happens with one week delay.
That's how it used to be prior to 2015, i.e., only 2 weeks between RG and Wimby. The 3rd week was introduced only since 2015.

I think Fed will play RG, regardless. Semi is the max. he will get to at RG, so his run will end on Friday at RG, that too if he gets to the Semi at RG. Then he will have his first match at Halle the next Wednesday. That's enough time for him to recuperate for the grass.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
We know Kyrgod, Murray and Federer will not play the french... why risk going to france? England's R rate is very low now, just go there straight...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The expexted selfish move.

Lot of players will skip the French Open now to focus on the more important Wimbledon.

Federer surely will not play it now, too. What a mess, and all because of massive greed.
Except maybe Kyrgios and Federer, nobody will skip it. First round price money is better than a final in a ATP250. Many players went to Australia because of the money....

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,102 Posts
Une idée magnifique. 🥖

Reactions: supertom

·
Registered
11,033 Posts
Wize decisión.

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Extend the grass season for 2021.

• Make Queen's a Masters 1000 for this season
  • Host 250/500 tournaments in Eastbourne and Nottingham
  • Steal the Birmingham tournament from WTA and make it a one-off ATP 250
  • Turn the Boodles exhibition into a one-off serious tournament

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Honestly, this is absolutely useless but at least i hope this is their last possibility and they wont mess the schedule more.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Fed and Rafa doing, to prevent Djoko from winning a slam. If he goes deep in RG, he is done - Rafa or Thiem taking him out, and will be cooked for Wimbledon. Fed probably won't play RG.
I kid not. :cautious:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
You can see a pattern here. All Rafa haters are RG haters ;)
It is not about COVID situation getting better in one week - it is about possibility of getting fans into RG as lockdown is supossed to end before new date of RG.
You can't blame them for that. They already organized one slam without fans (almost) - they can't lose money for a 2nd year in a row. That's quite obvious.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
That's how it used to be prior to 2015, i.e., only 2 weeks between RG and Wimby. The 3rd week was introduced only since 2015.

I think Fed will play RG, regardless. Semi is the max. he will get to at RG, so his run will end on Friday at RG, that too if he gets to the Semi at RG. Then he will have his first match at Halle the next Wednesday. That's enough time for him to recuperate for the grass.
Fed's not going to overplay, I can guarantee you that.

W - OG - USO: that's the heart of the season for him. Everything else is just preparation.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Good for them,if they r going to make money on this delay.
Hopefully,grass shit slam will be postponed!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
You can see a pattern here. All Rafa haters are RG haters ;)
It is not about COVID situation getting better in one week - it is about possibility of getting fans into RG as lockdown is supossed to end before new date of RG.
You can't blame them for that. They already organized one slam without fans (almost) - they can't lose money for a 2nd year in a row. That's quite obvious.
Can you blame us? Nadal's style of play has completely ruined the tournament for so many tennis fans.

I can't wait to finally see a RG final without Nadal in the future, like Djokovic vs. Wawrinka. That topspin pushing from the stands got old like 10 years ago, there is nothing fascinating about it, it's always the same routine.

·
22,243 Posts
Why can’t RG have the decency to work together with other slams? WTF is wrong with this entitled pieces of crap?? No respect at all

Worst slam by far

·
Registered
850 Posts
Please people before laughing at a meaningless one week delay, get informed... France is under complete lockdown for a month, they just can't play the tournament in such conditions.
LOL what? Monte Carlo starts this Saturday. Ligue 1 football games are being held as well.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Fed and Rafa doing, to prevent Djoko from winning a slam. If he goes deep in RG, he is done - Rafa or Thiem taking him out, and will be cooked for Wimbledon. Fed probably won't play RG.
I kid not. :cautious:
Sorry to burst your little bubble but last 2 Wimby’s won by the guy who went deep at FO. With that said, in these bizarre pandemic changes & rules era, i’m hoping he skips the RG Red dirt to arrive at the WB Greens in full form & then enough left in tank for USO.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Why can’t RG have the decency to work together with other slams? WTF is wrong with this entitled pieces of crap?? No respect at all

Worst slam by far
I mean RG decision was made in consultation with and supported by the Grand Slam Board. There are actual quotes from GS Board chair in RG press release.
Btw, where was the outrage when Australian Open destroyed January-February calendar?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts

Worst slam by far
I am sure they worked with all the parties involved and only made the change with their agreement. It's just that they didn't tell you and me.

After all, the modified schedule needs to be approved and accommodated at the ATP level and the players need to show up and play a week later. RG can't just wake up on one fine morning and make an announcement of the change on its whim. That's not practically possible.

61 - 80 of 143 Posts