Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone had to create it!

I'm rather pleased, for once, that he's in Rafa's half. I didn't like the idea of him facing Wawrinka or Djokovic. The only one I might have liked better is Federer... but he's never beaten him before!

He's beginning against Sijsling, I think he should be OK. The H2H is 3-0 for Ferru, let's hope he makes it 4-0 ^^

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd have preferred him in Wawrinka's half I think - because he's more prone to an upset before the QF stage. But I do like Nadal/Ferrer matches despite their head-to-head on clay - a repeat of the Monte Carlo result would be just fine! :)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have preferred him in Wawrinka's half I think - because he's more prone to an upset before the QF stage. But I do like Nadal/Ferrer matches despite their head-to-head on clay - a repeat of the Monte Carlo result would be just fine! :)
Oh, YES PLEASE! A repeat of Monte Carlo would be perfect :lol:

You're right about Stan, I hadn't thought about that aspect. I was only thinking of him facing Ferru, and in that case, I tend to be rather scared because he can be so good against Ferru.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Perhaps David can profit from the fact that Nadal faces Sock, Johnson, Lokoli, Lajovic or Zopp in the fourth round, quite a difference with his QF match :spit:

Small complaint: I would've won two tickets for the Topshelf Open in a contest if David lost one more game today :mad:

·
Registered
683 Posts
LunaStar's prediction about Stan was right!
Makes me *really* wish that Ferru had been in Stan's quarter - or in Federer's as it turned out!

Oh well, he will just have to go for the glory of beating Rafa at RG instead*. :) *If he gets past Anderson of course, don't want to jinx that result!

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
He has a bigger chance of beating Nadal in the QF than in the SF.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Makes me *really* wish that Ferru had been in Stan's quarter - or in Federer's as it turned out!

Oh well, he will just have to go for the glory of beating Rafa at RG instead*. :) *If he gets past Anderson of course, don't want to jinx that result!
Oh yeah... Now that you say this... Given how he handled Gulbis last time he played against him, it would have been so much better! However, there is also Berdych in that quarter, and he seems dangerous, so... not sure.

I really hope he can beat Rafa. I don't think Dusan Lajovic is going to do it for him, so... (how does a guy whose name I've never seen go so far and end up against Rafa in 1/8? This is so typical Rafa's luck ^^).

... of maybe Dusan Lajovic WILL beat Rafa and then my words will make me look like a fool. Anyhow, beating Rafa in RG would be so cool for Ferru, I don't know what I would prefer.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
He'll probably never have a better chance to beat Nadal here and Rafito probably won't like playing on Lenglen, but even so, it's going to take an absurdly good performance. Dropping a set to Anderson doesn't bode well but I agree with Chris, playing Nadal earlier than last year is better for his chances.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Come on DF you can beat him again :yeah: My dream final Gulbis versus Ferrer :drool:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hope David can play his best tennis today. :) His returning can really put Nadal under pressure - especially if he's not serving at 100%. Hopefully it'll be a good match.

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
I really hope Ferru will have a great day and can have a chance against Rafa!!

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Great effort, though.

Oh, wait ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well at least he took a set this time - that's something I suppose! The last two sets are best forgotten quickly though. I hope he doesn't meet Rafa at RG again - these matches never end well. :sad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts