Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: French Interclubs (10.11-01.12)

Yes, of course, just go there, I think. :shrug: I don't know all the clubs, but I can't believe some of them don't let people watch the matches? You're pretty close to the players, it can be fun (although there are just a few players for the qualifying rounds, of course, not all the big names).
Where do you live?

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks for the answer, I live in Paris. I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardère paris racing .. But all the major french players play now in this club..
And you, where do you live?

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

Please Richard, stop playing this Mickey Mouse thing. You are beyond that stage. :devil:

·
Registered
18,903 Posts

I guess the "stars" will only show up in the semis or final like they did last year :lol:

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first – "please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now". :lol:

I think Richie only showed up for the final last year, but not Paulo, Gaël & Co, Ome. I'm sure Paulo played a couple of qualifying rounds in 2006. And it depends on who you call a "star", but Gilles, Julien, etc. played quite a lot too.
I think they had to to be on the team for the final. But maybe it will be different this year, they've changed the whole format (it's much shorter now).

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the answer, I live in Paris. I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardère paris racing .. But all the major french players play now in this club..
And you, where do you live?
Oh, you're better informed than I am then! I don't know either for the Lagardère Paris Racing, I just know for other clubs like PJB, Lille, Rennes... You mean one has to be a member of the club to attend the matches? ^^

I'm living in Berlin, so no Interclubs for me. But this time I might be in Paris at the time of the final and I hope I can go.

·
Registered
18,903 Posts

I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first – "please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now". :lol:

I think Richie only showed up for the final last year, but not Paulo, Gaël & Co, Ome. I'm sure Paulo played a couple of qualifying rounds in 2006. And it depends on who you call a "star", but Gilles, Julien, etc. played quite a lot too.
I think they had to to be on the team for the final. But maybe it will be different this year, they've changed the whole format (it's much shorter now).
I only remember Paulo playing one round besides the semis and finals. I thought the old format was very long. Too many matches :lol:

BTW... stars, to me, = ATP level players :lol:

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first –"please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now".
That's not the point. It is not that he is too good for it. I don't want to be understood that way. Sorry if my previous post was misleading on this.

But I honestly think it will be more important for him to seriously prepare for 2008, particularly to work hard on the service return. He will need that if he wants to be a continous force among the top ten.

·
Registered
514 Posts

I live in Rouen. So i went to the interclubs the last three years for the last turns
But now semifinals and finals will be played next to Paris..

Edouard Roger Vasselin stayed in PJB with Monfils whereas all the other are going to play for the Lagardere team...
In the lagardere team, we find all the best french players because Santoro plays now too for this team whereas he played for the As Patton

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

That's not the point. It is not that he is too good for it. I don't want to be understood that way. Sorry if my previous post was misleading on this.

But I honestly think it will be more important for him to seriously prepare for 2008, particularly to work hard on the service return. He will need that if he wants to be a continous force among the top ten.
Ok, ok, ok. ;) But if he isn't on vacation at that time, I think "Le Maître" will play. It won't disturb his preparation for 2008, he just has to be there 2 days.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts

Then again, do they need him to win? Actually, do they even need to play? It's so obvious which team will win. :eek:

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

It won't disturb his preparation for 2008, he just has to be there 2 days.
yeah, that's what everybody will be saying and people will think it is a good thing for him to have some relaxed days with his buddies and they will like it that he is NOT too arrogant to play this crap. :eek:

I disagree. Time to grow up. I am hardly ever harsh on Richard, but concerning this I am. He has no business there. :fiery:

·
Registered
18,903 Posts

I think players in one particular team better show up :tape: They're (financially) supported by Lagardère, aren't they? :lol:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

It's a highlight of the season and clearly deserves a thread. :p
:rocker2:
I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardère paris racing
I believe this might have happened because of some technical reasons, normally there shouldn’t be closed access anywhere since the whole thing is organized not for players only but for public as well.
I think players in one particular team better show up :tape:
Well, I guess when a team is mainly made of the "stars" at least some of them will have to show up at every meeting lol
They're (financially) supported by Lagardère, aren't they? :lol:
Financially, are they? :eek:

BTW, does anyone know whether a new captain for PJB means Remi Barbarin has quitted the club, too?

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

I think players in one particular team better show up :tape: They're (financially) supported by Lagardère, aren't they? :lol:
Yes, of course, Gaël said that very clearly when he was asked why he came back just to play the Interclubs last year - he said Lagardère helps them during the whole year and they owe him that (PJB was Lagardère too, Lagardère even went to Rouen to cheer for his boys last year).

As for me, I prefer the "really big stars" not to show up because it ruins the whole thing with all the Lagardère boys on the same team, but I don't see why it's a big deal if they do. Tons of guys play exos non-stop during the off-season, Richie and Paulo can play a couple of matches for their club in a fan-friendly event, that's part of their job.

Anyway, don't get upset yet, Puschkin ^^, being on the list doesn't mean he will play in the end - wasn't he also supposed to play exhibitions in Asia after Shanghai?

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Financially, are they? :eek:
I wonder about that too, I think it depends on the players...
Gasquet and Monfils did get financial support from Lagardère at the beginning, that's how everything started, I think. Now with the whole Team thing going, I suppose they just don't need to pay for all the staff and training structures?
But there was an interview of Jeremiasz lately in GrandChelem and he said that except a few ones, the players have to pay to be part of the Team Lagardère.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

Anyway, don't get upset yet, Puschkin ^^, being on the list doesn't mean he will play in the end - wasn't he also supposed to play exhibitions in Asia after Shanghai?
Yeah, one to my knowledge, on 20 or 21 November against Nadal. :D That was arranged at a time when hardly anyone expected Richard to make Shanghai which fits perfectly now in the Asia travelling schedule. But this Interclub stuff is in the middle of the 2008 preparation. And yes, I admit I do get upset about it and I will only shut up if he finally does not play. :p

1 - 20 of 139 Posts