Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/players/interviews/2008/federer314.asp

Q. How much of a relief was it to actually find out what was going on healthwise?
ROGER FEDERER: I don't know. It wasn't a shock at first, when I found out what it was. It was, okay, fine. Let's find out what that exactly means, you know. Because the news I got first was I had mono. I go, Okay, what does that mean? It's going to take two more days or two more months, you know, I don't know.
They did more tests and they said actually I went through a very strong mono. Only later did they tell me I had it all over and fixed. This was when I was quite relieved. It was just good to know it was something other than food poisoning. I was always joking around in Australia saying I never ate chicken and at the said it came from chicken.
I think I had food poisoning and mono at the Australian Open. I was sick prior to that before Christmas, and it wasn't normal. I got sick three times in such a short period of time after not having been sick for like eight years.

Q. I know sometimes you've had some health problems in the desert. How do you feel this upcoming tournament?
ROGER FEDERER: I feel good, you know, to be honest. This tournament has worked out well for me over the last few years, winning here three titles a row and playing some of my best tennis here really. Had some great finals here, big matches, and I always enjoy playing here. Surface really suits my game. Slice stays low, the kick goes up, the ball travels quickly through the air.
I can really move well on this surface, so it's a bit of a surprise obviously last year that I lost in the first round. Canas played a good match, and hopefully I can bounce back this year, especially after I've been through the last few weeks and months. It just would be nice to be back on the winning road.

Q. I know you had heat stroke a couple years ago after this tournament.
ROGER FEDERER: That was the last time I was sick. I recovered in time for Miami.

Q. Do you feel 100 percent now?
ROGER FEDERER: I mean, as well as I can feel, yes. What is 100 percent? I don't know. I think to feel 100 I need to have more matches under my belt, so I will only be able to answer that, really, hopefully in a few days' time when I played a couple of matches. But at the moment, practice, everything's perfect and feeling fine after, you know, long trip from Dubai, New York.
And I'm really hitting the ball well, so I'm very happy with the level of play at the moment.

Q. So many years ago Pete Sampras sat in the same chair and he told us he feels that he has one more Grand Slam in him, and that's when he afterwards broke the record. What do you feel? How many Grand Slams do you have now?
ROGER FEDERER: Left in me?

Q. Yes.
ROGER FEDERER: A lot. (Laughter.) That's how I feel, anyway. I mean, I've got plenty of years left and a lot of motivation and energy. Trying to you know, bounce back from the Australian Open, as well. It's a big thing for me.
It's exciting with the new players coming up. They've been announced a long time ago, and finally they're making their move. It's an interesting time. With Rafa still there, you know, he's an unbelievable player. It's good times in tennis right now, I think.
I see that he's continuing with this "very strong" mono BS. If he chooses to delude himself to feel better about his losses, so be it. He's in for a very rude awakening this year.

Reactions: JMG

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/players/interviews/2008/federer314.asp

I see that he's continuing with this "very strong" mono BS. If he chooses to delude himself to feel better about his losses, so be it. He's in for a very rude awakening this year.

exactly. what is this "strong case" crap anyway. if it is over and fixed then it is over and bloody well fixed. now lets move forward.

seems to me that the same goat will be milked again if they gun him down here.

you hear this Federeresians. he is already working on additioanl mileage from this goat.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Geezus, so Fed's supposed to NOT be confident? He's still #1 in the rankings last I checked...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Frauderer :haha: :haha:

As good as Ego King :yeah:

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
Aloimerde, you'r far too obsessed with your beloved Fed, get a life, he'll never bang you :shrug: :awww:

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
He is talking BS, you know why ??
- I had a nomo and there's no treatment for that , you must just rest doing nothing, if he had strong nomo he wouldn't be able to run or play , and he had made SF of Slam and then played in Dubai, and he isn't taht stupid to risk his health for playing AO. Ancic had that too and he wasn't playing at all , and Federer is saying it was strong, I could have believed in nomo version if it was somehow slight, harmless version of disease but not strong , Federer must think of better excuse

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
Mods, could you please merge that shit with one of the numerous other Fed hating threads? :confused:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hmm... so next time someone asks a question about, I dunno, HIS HEALTH, he should just start talking about his sex life? I'm guessing that's what you're trying to say.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I cant really believe federer has had glandular fever, even if he did get it before xmas, there is no way he would be "fully recovered" 2 months later. Im obviously no doctor but i've got a couple of friends who had it and they weren't right for well over a year at least, so either he's got an extremely minor case or he's obviously been wrongly diagnosed, only time will tell i guess

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I cant really believe federer has had glandular fever, even if he did get it before xmas, there is no way he would be "fully recovered" 2 months later. Im obviously no doctor but i've got a couple of friends who had it and they weren't right for well over a year at least, so either he's got an extremely minor case or he's obviously been wrongly diagnosed, only time will tell i guess
There are glands and there are glands, you know. I think Frauderer most probably had/has a severe condition of those hanging glands distinctive of male sex.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.