520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R32 Rayane Roumane (FRA) def. Rossier (SUI) 7-5, 5-7, 7-6
R16 Roumane def. (8) Silva (BRA) 6-3, 6-3

Roumane 14y 10m.

·
Your visions will happen
48,653 Posts
Great win for the youngster. That epic in 1R might be a good springboard for him

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I always wonder the logic for a coach who takes a 13 year old and tells him he's not playing any Junior events, and going straight onto tour.

·
Your visions will happen
48,653 Posts
I always wonder the logic for a coach who takes a 13 year old and tells him he's not playing any Junior events, and going straight onto tour.
Uncle Toni did that

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
It's about time these 2000 generation tikes made some waves.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
HE'S YOUNGER THAN ME!!! :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

THIS IS SO WEIRD!!! :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

·
Rankings Master
15,886 Posts
One more victory to pass Felix Auger Aliassime. Already going to be the youngest ATP player in the rankings.:cool:

·
Your visions will happen
48,653 Posts
HE'S YOUNGER THAN ME!!! :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

THIS IS SO WEIRD!!! :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:
:lol:

You're too young to feel old :lol:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
the one who sees him beating all his peers, then all the pros wannabe in the club, then real pros.

He then figures - he might be worth a shot at an easier futures tourney :shrug:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Lol with that height...
He will become the new Isner.
Probably will end up a servebot.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ok a few words about this young fella that I never saw playing personnally, but he has already made big titles here. Indeed he won last year the famous tournament "Les petits as", unofficial world championship for U14, won/played in the past by Nadal, Gasquet etc.

Rayane is very tall and can already serve around 190 km/h. So last year the french federation tried to made an agreement with his family to train him, but that was difficult. Rayane's coach is his father and this guy looks a bit special from what I read. For example when he was a kid, in a restaurant, the father made Rayane scream to all people who were in the restaurant "I WILL BE A TENNIS CHAMPION"... Also the father was very demanding, already asked for money etc. Ofc the federation refused and no deal could be found.

Since his victory in "Les petits as", he barely played matchs even in young competitions. In april he trained with Chardy thanks to Tecnifibre brand (I guess).

It looks like Rayane has a huge potential but that the family environment could be problematic for him. Let's see how it goes...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,337 Posts
Ok a few words about this young fella that I never saw playing personnally, but he has already made big titles here. Indeed he won last year the famous tournament "Les petits as", unofficial world championship for U14, won/played in the past by Nadal, Gasquet etc.

Rayane is very tall and can already serve around 190 km/h. So last year the french federation tried to made an agreement with his family to train him, but that was difficult. Rayane's coach is his father and this guy looks a bit special from what I read. For example when he was a kid, in a restaurant, the father made Rayane scream to all people who were in the restaurant "I WILL BE A TENNIS CHAMPION"... Also the father was very demanding, already asked for money etc. Ofc the federation refused and no deal could be found.

Since his victory in "Les petits as", he barely played matchs even in young competitions. In april he trained with Chardy thanks to Tecnifibre brand (I guess).

It looks like Rayane has a huge potential but that the family environment could be problematic for him. Let's see how it goes...
I found Rayane's demeanor Nadalesque, crushed personality by an authoritarian figure.

Only got to see a few rallies from last year, nothing special. I think Aliassime will be much better though it's not fair to compare his video of the challenger match to Rayane's from last year.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

Career broken in 3, 2, 1...

I suggest moving onto the next one. Thanks for the info

·
Your visions will happen
48,653 Posts
Oh lord, another one with a crazy father :facepalm:

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I hope the kid can become successfully without having to rely on his clearly crazy father

1 - 20 of 33 Posts