Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:eek:
Coric (18), Kokkinakis (19), Chung (18), Zverev (18). And perhaps Rublev (17) on the way?

When did this happen last??

·
Banned
923 Posts
:drool: Excellent, that means no chance for Djokodal to surpass Fed's records

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
So we have another 3-4 years of one man domination, and after that we can finally start watching some competitive tennis.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good for the game. Nice to be able to see some future rivalries come to fruition at this stage of their careers.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Rublev still has a ways to go, he's currently #229.
Yeah, he's a year younger than the other guys so he'll have a bit more progression to do. Born same year as Zverev but he's about 6 months younger still. Ymer and Donaldson will most likely be the next ones up.

This really is promising. Not over hyping anyone but I'm confident tennis is just about saved :yeah:

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Rublev still has a ways to go, he's currently #229.
he's also #130 in the Live Race... perhaps not *now* but in a couple months, it could be.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So we have another 3-4 years of one man domination, and after that we can finally start watching some competitive tennis.
Exactly. 3-4 years where Djokovic will win all the slams, beating Federer's record of 17 because no one will be there to challenge him :p

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its just a guess, and it can be a terrible guess, but I feel Chung and Rublev as the most promising young guns of today, but unfortunately not for the slams of this year yet.
Kyrgios is already a big reality to reach deeper stages of a slam (I dont like him that much, but we need so much someone to threat the favorites)
I can be wrong, but I still cannot see Coric and Zverev as players who can go deep constantly on a slam, but of course they can develop their games, they still have a lot of time. But I think they have more gaps today in their games than the others.
I am very skeptical about Kokkinakis reaching top 15 one day, but he will be there to at least trouble.
We should not forget Khachanov, Donaldson and Majchrzak.
And still, we have a lot of players to watch along the next 2/3 years like Jasika, Safiullin, Fritz, Luz, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Halys, Lee, Coutet, and even Auger Aliassime, but that its not clear yet what kind of positions theyre gonna occupy yet.
Sad that Monteiro, Quinzi and Garin are out of the top 200 today.

But yeah, its likely we have to wait until 2017/18 to all finally start changing for real.
We're living a enourmous generation gap, bad for the game, that made a false impression of Fedalovic as unreacheable gods, and that created boring fanbases.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts