Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Two consecutive events in Cologne, Germany (12.10.-18.10. & 19.10.-25.10.) and additionally an event in Sardinia, Italy (12.10.-18.10.) and Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan (26.10.-01.11.).

12.10. should have been the week for Shanghai Masters, 19.10. Stockholm Open, 26.10. Swiss Indoors Basel (all cancelled).

I'm thrilled because I live just half an hour away from Cologne. But I guess tickets will be limited and expensive...

Registered
Wow, what a bizarre season 馃槀 Good for these cities to see some good players

Registered
I'm not sure why Shanghai is cancelled.
If their Covid-numbers are true, they have extremely low number of daily new cases

Registered
Lanxess Arena is the Perfect venue for a future tournament. If its with audience I鈥檒l be there for sure!
Also Zverev, Monfils and Murray there. Will be great and maybe its more than a one time thing!

Premium Member
Our beautiful Basel tournament is cancelled just so now 4 other tournaments (three of them indoors) are held.
Strange season, strange schedule.

Your visions will happen
If their Covid-numbers are true, they have extremely low number of daily new cases
Yeah but who wants to fly to China now

Registered
Yeah but who wants to fly to China now
My thoughts exactly. Who would want to go there? Even if the numbers are legit. Now if they want to go ahead just for players from Asia and Australia sure i would be fine.
But this was the most sensible thing to do. Same for Japan Open.

Reactions: Johnny Groove

Registered
Reactions: Johnny Groove

Registered
^Main problem with holding international tournaments in China this year is that foreigners must go through 14 days of quarantine before entering the border...... The Chinese are just super-cautious about this, there are definitely more people wearing face-masks here than the US despite barely any cases in half a year.

Registered
China has made it very difficult for people to enter the country right now, even their own citizens. Mandatory 14 day quarantine (at own expense) and flights are severely limited. China sees the main threat to their coronavirus response right now as new cases being introduced from arrivals, and so wants to keep arrivals to a minimum.

Registered
China has made it very difficult for people to enter the country right now, even their own citizens. Mandatory 14 day quarantine (at own expense) and flights are severely limited. China sees the main threat to their coronavirus response right now as new cases being introduced from arrivals, and so wants to keep arrivals to a minimum.
Yes, no wonder then. Didn't know conditions there are still so strict

MONSOON season.
Great news.

Murray not defending his Antwerp title.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts