1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22,571 Posts
The definition of a very nice boy, but simply not good enough to really make it in tennis, pretty much devoid of any weapons.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
I remember when he double bageled Mektic in RG qualies :worship:

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,739 Posts
Only weapon was the bh on the run.
Even this declined like anything at his last match against Bachinger in Stuttgart's 2nd qualifying round.

Only moment I frowned was when I read he'll study in Liechtenstein, probably the most boring place to study in German-speaking countries.

·
Registered
22,571 Posts
Even this declined like anything at his last match against Bachinger in Stuttgart's 2nd qualifying round.

Only moment I frowned was when I read he'll study in Liechtenstein, probably the most boring place to study in German-speaking countries.
That fits Fischer well, to be fair. And after a stressful career as a journeyman, taking him all over the world, I can imagine he wants some peace and quiet.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Not a bad age to start going to uni and have a 2nd career.

·
Registered
26,146 Posts
Hopefully Wang was ashamed of himself to lose 2 and 4 to Fischer in Stuttgart.

Vaduz is the right place for him indeed. :lol:

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
Looks like he wants to keep playing Bundesliga tennis but he seems set for studying as the main thing right now

·
Registered
22,571 Posts
Looks like he wants to keep playing Bundesliga tennis but he seems set for studying as the main thing right now
There are a lot of players worse than him who make decent money by playing league tennis in several countries, so that could be a profitable hobby to get him through school.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,739 Posts
It's still a bit rare as he wanted so badly to have the DC tie in Kitzbühel (which the Austrians could manage) and even play there IIRC. I regret right now that I didn't ask him anything as I expected to see him next year in Stuttgart again, a big mistake :sad:

Like Groove already mentioned, I think he's gonna play Austrian Bundesliga. Schwarzenberg would be an optimal choice, as he's from Vorarlberg too and it's next to Liechtenstein. And as I was there a month ago, I 'heard' (can't tell more) they had been looking for an ex-tennis player they found. Could be Fischer here.

Still expected Dornbirn tbh. Anyway, Vaduz has a better reputation and is a university, so a very clever decision after all

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Always had a cool 2 handed BH drop shot that I liked...decent Challenger level player, but just couldn't make the jump to the tour level. Good luck to him in his future.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

he lives in vorarlberg (county of austria) which is ca. 15min away from liechtenstein... so that may be the reason why he chose this place.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Schwarzenberg would be an optimal choice, as he's from Vorarlberg too and it's next to Liechtenstein.
schwarzenberg is a tennis club in vienna (see: http://bundesliga-tennisaustria.lig...250&championship=Bundesliga+2015&group=117584). it's not related to vorarlberg at all afaik.
anyway, distance is nothing in austria, so he should be fine playing for any club...

the linked article says that he is still under contract in germany (grün-weiß mannheim), switzerland (grasshoppers zürich), and in austria (tc gleisdorf).

so he will be fine :)

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
The definition of a very nice boy, but simply not good enough to really make it in tennis, pretty much devoid of any weapons.
On the other hand he had no glaring weaknesses either.

I thought he was a good doubles player but it turns out he had never been inside the top 100.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts