Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all these morons hyping up little Andy Murray like he's a god or something. Fact is, the only reason so much noise is being made about him as opposed to some of the other young players, is because he's British! It's a fact: our sportsman ALWAYS seem to be the most overhyped ANYWHERE on the planet... ANYWHERE. Whereas the truth of the matter is that there are at least half a dozen countries out there, most of the time, who equal and better our own "stars" in every department.

DON'T GET ME WRONG, all you Murray fanboys: I'm not saying he's rubbish. On the contrary, he's decent. But he's NOT the hottest young prospect!

That title should go to Novak Djokovic. This guy is a seriously good, highly determined and motivated player, well deserving of his place as the world's number one 18 year old. It was clear from his matches against Ancic AND Monfils that he's coping better than Murray in many regards. He hardly seemed fazed for one moment (save that little feigning-injury escapade against the Frenchman ;)).

Still, because Murray comes from such a talent-strapped sporting island (when it comes to any sport other than soccer), he gets all the hype. And he really doesn't deserve it any more than Novak.

Damn fanboys!

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
another :smash: thread!
If he's not talented why the fuc|< does he get so much attention even from haters??!!
If he would be not talented everybody would let him be, stupid thread!

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
vincayou said:
The Murray-Djokovic rivalry between thier respective fans is second only to Nadal-Federer on this board! :)
One of the few things I could almost agree with you about. :)

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
:yawn:

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
hell, but he got them, go home and cry:rolleyes:

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
poor you red again?! :haha:

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
I don't know what's your point but you shouldn't prop one to diss another player. It's bound to irritate people and that's not what you want. They are both young and talented and judge them on their own

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
:p I thought we've been through this.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I do like Murray but I agree that he is nowhere near as talented as Djokovic. Novak has superior power, serve, and he's already constructing points so well. My early prediction for Djokovic is Top 5; I'm not convinced Murray will make Top 15 in his career.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
exactly, so let us be HATAS!

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
ezekiel said:
I don't know what's your point but you shouldn't prop one to diss another player. It's bound to irritate people and that's not what you want. They are both young and talented and judge them on their own

Precisely...pathetic thread :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 266 Posts