Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from cnnsi.com/tennis , in the mail bag ;)

.".. From the We Swear We're Not Making This Up Dept.: Lleyton Hewitt is the new face of Sorbent toilet paper. A spokesman for the ad agency said Hewitt was a natural in front of the cameras, even given the slightly embarrassing topic"

*snickers*

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe they had false information?

I sure hope not though!

The thought of Hewitt exposing what he wipes himself and getting paid for it, just kills me :D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Lleyton flushes new deal

By JOHN THIRSK
October 16, 2002

LLEYTON HEWITT is about to become Lleyton Loo-it with his latest foray into the TV ad market.

The world No.1 has just finished shooting a commercial ... for Sorbent toilet paper.

He will make a mint as the company's new roll model in an advertisement that goes to air in prime time during the Australian Summer of Tennis, starting in December.

Hewitt may be among the biggest earning sportsmen in the world - set to reap an extraordinary $20 million this year in prizemoney and endorsements - but in endorsing toilet tissue it seems our tennis superstar has everyday basic needs like the rest of us.

Hewitt, 21, is also understood to have agreed to terms for another product endorsement.

He already has two credits in TV land - shooting a Nike commercial two years ago and another for Nissan Noodles, exclusively for the Japanese market.

A spokesman for advertising agency Clemenger, who was in charge of the Sorbent production, said yesterday Hewitt was a natural in front of the cameras, even given the slightly embarrassing topic. The new deals will take Hewitt's salary above $20 million.

Apart from the $4.2m he has earned in prizemoney so far this year, Hewitt can expect to reap $16m as a result of his burgeoning list of sponsorships and endorsements.

Robert Aivatoglou, the Australian representative for Octagon, Hewitt's management company, said the Australian was also doing a lot of work for charities and helping aspiring youngsters.

"Lleyton is committed to working with the Special Olympics," Aivatoglou said.

The Daily Telegraph

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I don't think Lleyton is 'that' desperate! :p He doesn't have to be! ;) :D He's been getting plenty of endorsement offers especially after he won Wimby this year. He said he wasn't gonna sign too many since he doesn't want it to be a distraction to his tennis which is the most important thing for him and that he'll choose what's in his best interest. I'd assume he was offered a LOT of money by Sorbent people.

And people don't realise it (partly coz of the media) but he's got a great sense of humor. This will be a commercial where we'll get to see it! :D :D and hopefully his ass! :p ;)

Lleyton! :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
:drool:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this made my day. i can log off now. LOL!!!!!!! :D :D

can we start calling him Toilet Boy if he keeps wiping the court with his opponents? :p ;) ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What will we call him when his opponents wipe the fcourt with him? :confused:

Maybe they will start a whole new name brand for him or something :eek:

"Wipe with Hewitt, everyone else is doing it" :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts