Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we not getting the USO on freetoair tv??!!!!

I hadnt read or heard anything as to us not having it, so just assumed Channel 9 would have coverage as always...but I got home today, checked out the new tv guide to see what times coverage was on, and I couldnt find anything :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
bloody big f**king :ras: to Aussie FTA TV ...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bad gambler said:
unfortunately nothing on free to air
unbelievable.....

I had my whole fkn fortnight planned out and now these pricks don't get coverage for the first time in how long??

I can't remember the USO not being on tv

Sure, I can understand them not showing RG, its clay and we havent had any good clay players in many, many years, but the USO? It's our best hunting ground....

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I didnt need to check the tv guide...

Shouldve been tipped off that there was no coverage when I checked out ninemsn.com when I got home, saw one of the sports headlines "Newk writes off Hewitt"

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
they are only showing from quarter finals on-wards i think... what a stupid decision from channel nine. especially if mark manages to get to 4th rd (...anything is possible!) and play hewitt, they would be kicking themselves!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
theres a live stream which will allow you to watch like 10 hours aday with decent quality, check the stream threads

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Yeah this really sucks. I cant remember when they didnt have free to air coverage of this either. They are gradually cutting down free to air tennis coverage. I remember when they even had some matches of TMS events on the ABC, and a weekly ATP show, as well as coverage of all 4 Grand Slams. They even had some junior events on the ABC. I bet in 5 years there will be no tennis on tv, and everyone will have to get Foxtel :mad:

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
This is ridiculous :rolleyes:

I can't think for the moment how it could be enforced but there should be a rule that if a channel wants to show AO and Wimbledon (which seem to be perceived to be ratings spinners) it should have to do at least a half-arsed job of showing RG, USO and the Masters Cup as well.

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
The bigger problem is not people having to get foxtel but people just not watching tennis!

I actually have foxtel (and a roster of people who apparently are coming to watch it!) but it's still stupid ;)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
flip_fan said:
they are only showing from quarter finals on-wards i think... what a stupid decision from channel nine. especially if mark manages to get to 4th rd (...anything is possible!) and play hewitt, they would be kicking themselves!
I hope Channel 9 will at least show from QF onwards. It's better than nothing at all, like the FO.

:fiery:
I will get Foxtel next year :fiery:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
1sun said:
theres a live stream which will allow you to watch like 10 hours aday with decent quality, check the stream threads
Where can we find the stream threads?

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I HATE FOXTEL-but at least we're getting something. We need 4th round matches though, JC VS Federer!

·
Banned
873 Posts
Are you sure Aussies will get QF coverage onwards? I wouldn't hold my breath, they'll probably only show Hewitt's matches if he gets that far :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts