Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate those commercials. He's great but these commericals talking about his slam wins in '00 and '02 is boring.

we need Closure Pete. Worse than Maria's PowerShot commercial.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ha, they are, aren't they? I was quite surprised the first time I saw it: I was thinking, "Woah, Zombie Sampras?! :eek:"

·
Registered
850 Posts
I don't get the point of these ads, unless the aim is to annoy me. In that case, it's working. :(

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
All you guys who are slamming Pete about his commerical, are just green with envy, what does your commericals say. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
981 Posts
you know, that Wimbledon 2000 commercial doesn't bother me too much. But the commercial where he brags about making 8 US Open finals (but not in a row like Lendl/Tilden) really bugs the crap out of me.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
You can at least mute and watch the Sharapova commercial. This one has no redeeming qualities. You made it happen, Pete. Good for you. Now stop.

I think RBS spent their entire advertising budget on Pete and had nothing left over for the commercial itself. At least, I hope that's what happened.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i saw this ad for the first time last night and i must say that i changed the channel in disgust. then again just the sight of the Android tends to have that effect on me so i really can't blame it entirely on the commercial :devil:

the only good commercial i've seen is one with Andre in black and Steffi in white teaching 2 groups of kids to play tennis. awesome and funny. their ads are so classy. :worship:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Mechlan said:
I think RBS spent their entire advertising budget on Pete and had nothing left over for the commercial itself. At least, I hope that's what happened.
I know. The ad says almost nothing about the company itself. Stupid.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
gillian said:
I know. The ad says almost nothing about the company itself. Stupid.
i know! why would they pay him to talk about himself? :confused: :lol:

·
Got Premium? I do.
4,253 Posts
angiel said:
All you guys who are slamming Pete about his commerical, are just green with envy, what does your commericals say. :eek: :eek:
My commercial says, "If you're as busy as I am, you don't have time to deal with feminine itching and embarrassing odor. That's why I use Vagisil. Vagisil is clinically proven to stop itching and odor on contact, so you can have a fresh, clean feeling that lasts throughout your busy day. *commercial ends with me going to bed with my husband smiling*

*Disclaimer - Do not use Vagisil for more than 2 weeks. If symptoms continue, see your physician. Creamy discharge, and/or burning may by symptoms of a more serious condition, e.g., a yeast infection or Chlamydia. Vagisil is not intended for use as a treatment of STDs or other infections.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
the commercials are pretty bad

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
tennischick said:
the only good commercial i've seen is one with Andre in black and Steffi in white teaching 2 groups of kids to play tennis. awesome and funny. their ads are so classy. :worship:
yes! i like that one too!!!!

and also the one with dent playing tennis with their son....

·
Banned
14,727 Posts
Pete looked terrible :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it a surprise the commercial is so bad? I like Sampras, but he has the single worst commercial from an athlete I've ever seen. That, of course, is the yogurt commercial. He serves, he eats yogurt. That's it. Say what you will about other players, I have yet to see a commercial as lame as that one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The worst part of the commercials is that they make no sense.....what is the point??? OK He made it happen and so does RBS...but what the hell is up with the eight grand slams one...hes just putting himself down....i feel like im missing some vital piece of information

But come on guys...as bad as these commercials are...they are nowhere as bad as the Roddick lexus and mojo ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
THe roddick lexus is by far the worst. He just sits there in a car you can tell hes not driving as fake scenery moves by. The an idiot next to him babbles stupid stuff totally unrelated to lexus. Then you see the lexus logo....thats it...thats the entire commericla.

how could this possibly entice anyone to buy a lexus? totally stupid and a waste of money.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts