Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
421 - 440 of 440 Posts

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Well, Thistle are falling apart. Alan Rough and other directors chucked out. Rumours of a take over by a Chinese led group, but no new money. Now they've sacked Caldwell after another defeat and being bottom of the Championship.
It's surprised me how much you guys have struggled this season. I saw the game against United and i thought you were a little unlucky to lose that match. You'll climb the league, plenty worse teams in the championship than you guys.

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
I am so fucking tired of watching Arsenal. EMERY OUT.
Arsenal (or Man Utd) haven't really been that great. Beyond Liverpool and City running away with things the rest of the league is impossible to predict. Top 4 race could be between about 6-8 teams.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I don't know who is a bigger clown Arsenal or United.
With United, it's clear the Glazers don't care as long as they are making profits.
With Arsenal, you get the sense that they are actually trying to do something, but it's just failing. I don't get Emery's obsession with Captain Xhaka.

On the other hand, if I were a Chelsea fan, I would be excited about the youth and what I'm seeing from the likes of Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Christensen etc.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
I don't know who is a bigger clown Arsenal or United.
With United, it's clear the Glazers don't care as long as they are making profits.
With Arsenal, you get the sense that they are actually trying to do something, but it's just failing. I don't get Emery's obsession with Captain Xhaka.

On the other hand, if I were a Chelsea fan, I would be excited about the youth and what I'm seeing from the likes of Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Christensen etc.
United have good youth too, it's just taking time, not sure they should have sold Lukaku and not got another striker though, but if that's what the manager wants.

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Top 4 is like always between 6 teams, not sure who you think the possible 2 more might be.
Leicester for one. I can very easily see them finishing above at least one of Chelsea/Arsenal/Utd.

Arsenal and Utd don't look that great and Chelsea are handicapped with this transfer ban. Top 4 is very wide open this year, even the likes of Everton or West ham can sneak into the top 6. Bournemouth are currently in 4th right now, beyond the top 2 the league is very unpredictable this year.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
Leicester for one. I can very easily see them finishing above at least one of Chelsea/Arsenal/Utd.

Arsenal and Utd don't look that great and Chelsea are handicapped with this transfer ban. Top 4 is very wide open this year, even the likes of Everton or West ham can sneak into the top 6. Bournemouth are currently in 4th right now, beyond the top 2 the league is very unpredictable this year.
But it's still very early, this time most seasons have like a Bournemouth in the top 4. I'm not sure that Lampard is the best man to lead Chelsea, same goes for Man U and their hero player/manager. Man City are kind of with the pack too, they look focused on CL this season.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
It's surprised me how much you guys have struggled this season. I saw the game against United and i thought you were a little unlucky to lose that match. You'll climb the league, plenty worse teams in the championship than you guys.
I'm not. No real investment in the team, the players don't seem to gel or play together well, a fan-led buy-out bid I can only hope that Ian McColl can turn this around quickly.

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
I'm not. No real investment in the team, the players don't seem to gel or play together well, a fan-led buy-out bid I can only hope that Ian McColl can turn this around quickly.
I wasn't even aware that Ian McCall had went to Partick, shows how much I've been keeping track :lol: a bit strange decision leaving ayr though, he's got them playing very well and with a chance of at least a playoff place. Partick are the bigger club but it's a risky move considering they're at the bottom and like you said the board won't invest.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I wasn't even aware that Ian McCall had went to Partick, shows how much I've been keeping track :lol: a bit strange decision leaving ayr though, he's got them playing very well and with a chance of at least a playoff place. Partick are the bigger club but it's a risky move considering they're at the bottom and like you said the board won't invest.
Funnily enough, we won our first game under McCall, beating Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3-1 away.

·
justice for all
12,673 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Yup, top vs bottom of the league.
I'm predicting a 1-1 draw, what about you?
We were very lucky to win tonight imo. I was confident before the game that we'd win just because we've got 100% home record, that now 6 wins in a row at Tannadice, had it been away it wouldn't be confident at all because we've completely sucked these last few games.

You guys were unlucky to lose, you were the better team especially first half. You'll probably start climbing the league now imo, way too good to be near relegation.

·
Super Moderator
7,927 Posts
421 - 440 of 440 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.