Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 400 of 440 Posts

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Thankfully, I missed it due to work, but from the comments of people at the match and said that they were absolutely clueless and didn't seem to listen to McLeish.

If only they could get the results our women are: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47857052

On a more important note Scottish Championship league is, as always, very interesting.
At the bottom there is only 4 points separating 5 teams - including my beloved Thistle - with 5 matches (apart from Falkirk) to go.
At the top there is a three-way battle - including your United - for the play-off to the Premiership spot.
The next couple of fixtures will be fun.
What's going to happen?
At the bottom I hope you guys stay up, you're far too big of a club to be playing in league 1.

At the top, that County injury time goal has pretty much sealed them winning it, we'll likely finish 2nd and play the winner of ayr/ICT and if we win that then either St Mirren or the wee team from across the road to get into the prem. Interesting times ahead.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
At the bottom I hope you guys stay up, you're far too big of a club to be playing in league 1.
We've been there before and the great John Lambie got us out of that, maybe Gary Caldwell can prevent that from happening. The match against Ayr just got very interesting.

At the top, that County injury time goal has pretty much sealed them winning it, we'll likely finish 2nd and play the winner of ayr/ICT and if we win that then either St Mirren or the wee team from across the road to get into the prem. Interesting times ahead.
If, by a miracle, and Dundee get into the play-offs instead of immediate relegation, would you go to watch the matches?

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
We've been there before and the great John Lambie got us out of that, maybe Gary Caldwell can prevent that from happening. The match against Ayr just got very interesting.

If, by a miracle, and Dundee get into the play-offs instead of immediate relegation, would you go to watch the matches?
Probably not. Maybe the home match, but not the "away" one. I think they're doomed now anyway.

I feel pretty confident about the playoff. The last 2 seasons we finished 3rd and that really fucked our chances as we had to play 2 extra matches, at least now that we've finished 2nd it gives us a huge advantage over Ayr/ICT, and if we can win that then Hamilton or more likely St Mirren are beatable, we knocked St Mirren out the cup this year as well.

Looks like you guys are good to stay up now. :smile2:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
As I post that, Thistle score. 1-0 over QoS.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Bottom of the Scottish Championship Falkirk score against Champions Ross County. 1-0.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
:woohoo:

Thistle 2-0.

:bounce:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
3-0 Thistle.

In other matches, Champions Ross County now 2-3 with bottom side Falkirk (not that it really changes anything) Falkirk have scored twice in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Can end up being utmost brutal for Liverpool (same goes for Man City though as well, were they to lose the last match; but they've tasted success in recent years). Browsed through every season this millennium. Liverpool are currently 2nd with 94 points, 1 fixture remaining. Only Man City last year (100) and Chelsea 04-05 (95; Liverpool can also still surpass this) had more points as champions. Recall that season when Suarez was dominating (13-14), and the Gerrard slip. Now potentially 1 point short with a record (?) haul for a runner-up...

edit. Checked it. This is indeed the record points total (either Liverpool or Man City) for a runner-up. A W in the last match and only Man City last (and potentially this) year have finished with more points during the entire Premier League era.

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Can end up being utmost brutal for Liverpool (same goes for Man City though as well, were they to lose the last match; but they've tasted success in recent years). Browsed through every season this millennium. Liverpool are currently 2nd with 94 points, 1 fixture remaining. Only Man City last year (100) and Chelsea 04-05 (95; Liverpool can also still surpass this) had more points as champions. Recall that season when Suarez was dominating (13-14), and the Gerrard slip. Now potentially 1 point short with a record (?) haul for a runner-up...

edit. Checked it. This is indeed the record points total (either Liverpool or Man City) for a runner-up. A W in the last match and only Man City last (and potentially this) year have finished with more points during the entire Premier League era.
Yeah i remember Chelsea's title winning season of 2004/05 when they broke the points record, that stood until last season when City did it. If Liverpool end up with 95+ points and still don't win the league that's very unfortunate indeed, they could end up winning nothing this season, in fact they haven't won any trophy at all in 7 years.

edit: Even worse they've only won 1 trophy in 13 years.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Are you confident about getting back up. Villa in the SF and then Leeds or Derby. Anyone of them has a decent shot imo.
Not especially to be honest. We're too inconsistent, Villa (excluding the last result) have been on scary form and both Derby and Leeds have given us kickings this season. However, it is cup football effectively so you never know.

I think not replacing Moore, or more specifically having no plan to replace him was a big mistake, Shan is too much of a development coach and still does not know his best team. Too much tinkering as well. Derby should have been the perfect rehearsal for the play-offs and we blew the opportunity to start with our strongest side. We've known for weeks that we're going to finish in the play-offs and yet we still don't know what our best formation is and what our starting XI is :facepalm:

Still though, I will be there for the games against Villa and should we make Wembley I will be there as well!

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Not especially to be honest. We're too inconsistent, Villa (excluding the last result) have been on scary form and both Derby and Leeds have given us kickings this season. However, it is cup football effectively so you never know.

I think not replacing Moore, or more specifically having no plan to replace him was a big mistake, Shan is too much of a development coach and still does not know his best team. Too much tinkering as well. Derby should have been the perfect rehearsal for the play-offs and we blew the opportunity to start with our strongest side. We've known for weeks that we're going to finish in the play-offs and yet we still don't know what our best formation is and what our starting XI is :facepalm:

Still though, I will be there for the games against Villa and should we make Wembley I will be there as well!
Well good luck, WBA are a big club that i think should be playing PL, but i suppose the same thing can be said for Villa and Leeds as well. I said a few months back I wanted you guys up, not so sure now though, i don't mind any of them going up tbh, it would be good seeing Lampard back in the prem, same with JT and also if Leeds go up it renews some old rivalries between Chelsea and Utd especially. I don't think there's much in it, out of the 4 teams i'd maybe make Villa slight faves but any of the 4 can go up imo.

Unlike yourself i must say I'm pretty positive about my teams chances of going back up, not sure if that's a good thing or not though lol. We're in pretty good form and the new owners are spending big in the summer, out club captian among a few other regular starters got told that they need to find other clubs next season because we're replacing them with better players, not sure that's a smart thing to do with the playoffs approaching though, maybe tell them after, hopefully the mentallity from them is still there, or maybe knowing they're in the shop window they might pull out some performances and get us back up, who knows. we play the winners of ICY/Ayr. Ayr have been on a complete slump and ICT are very inconsistent, i'd fancy our chances against either tbh and if we win that then whoever finishes 2nd bottom of the prem, so either Hamilton or St Mirren. We knocked St Mirren out of the Scottish cup this season away from home so i think i'd rather get them.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,353 Posts
never thought they would manage this
especially without Salah

Barcelona is showing often that they collapse when under pressure

381 - 400 of 440 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.