Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a possibility America will be clamping down on italians gaining access to the country.

Fabio has declared his worry that he might not get in.

Would it be fair?

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought this would be a thread about some weird doubles match between Fognini/Sunshine and Double/Coronavirus
If so who do you think would win?

Registered
Even if he does show up, let's face it...he prob will lose by R16 and not go very far in either tournament lol.

Administrator
Yeah, obviously that's tough, but health does come first. I'm sure he understands the concern.

Premium Member
袠袛袝袦袨 袧袨袥袝
That said FAA is not worrying, pairing Fabio in Double ^^

Registered
Italy is shuting down everything right now for a reason. School, games and rightfully so.
He should take himself out. Would he be willing to risk infecting other players, let alone anyone he comes in contact with?
I dont think he has it. But still. Most countries are getting theeir infections thru Italy. Of coruse China was the main guilrty party, but then Italy has been 2nd.

Registered
As for giving him his points from last year. So be it. Its not like its Monte Carlo.
Precedents are made because of special situation. This one is one of them. 55 isnt going to make it or break him or any one else above or below him.

Registered
You must know by now that the test is no good when the virus is in its incubation period, hence the panic and quarantines everywhere...
True but you can only transmit the virus when the symptoms start to show up, not before I believe.
They can just monitor him constantly instead of not letting him play.

Registered
Italy is shuting down everything right now for a reason. School, games and rightfully so.
He should take himself out. Would he be willing to risk infecting other players, let alone anyone he comes in contact with?
I dont think he has it. But still. Most countries are getting theeir infections thru Italy. Of coruse China was the main guilrty party, but then Italy has been 2nd.
You have to make a difference between North Italy and the rest, and even in some parts of North Italy, 70% of the case are coming from Lombardia province (Milan as main city), and some provinces that surrounds Lombardia.
Fognini played in Dubai 2 weeks ago and the Davis Cup was played in the island of Sardaigne, where there are just a few cases but no severe ones. It is almost sure that Fabio travelled from Dubai to Sardaigne via Rome (where it is not more than dangerous than any other European Capital), so actually, he is not such a risk.
2 weeks ago , a challenger had been held in Bergamo, an infected area, and they had cancelled the final when the first cases started, but all players who had stayed there, where free to travel anywhere....
What I mean, is that you can't control anything, if you are not coming from an infected area and if you are in good health, you should be free to travel, otherwise, you could basically ban all European people to travel now...

Registered
Will be more dangerous if he teams up with Tomic and parties every night before the tournament .... especially on the east coast part of the sunshine double

Registered
There is a possibility America will be clamping down on italians gaining access to the country.
Based on nationality? Residence? Recent travel history?

If it's not something politically motivated (like the "muslim ban"), it would have to be based on criteria that have to do with health risks (bigger likelyhood of having been exposed to the virus).

Registered
Based on nationality? Residence? Recent travel history?

If it's not something politically motivated (like the "muslim ban"), it would have to be based on criteria that have to do with health risks (bigger likelyhood of having been exposed to the virus).
Recent travel history

1 - 20 of 21 Posts