Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Will Rafa win as per usual or is this the year someone (probably Nole) takes it from him?
I still need to see him win a couple of Masters (e.g. Madrid/Rome) and beat some top 10 players other than Ferrer. If he displays improving form but then gets annihilated 6-2 6-2 by Djokovic at Rome, then Djokovic probably takes it this year. On the other hand, I think Murray has been playing well on clay this year and could make another deep run at RG depending on the draw. Curious to see the Djokovic-Murray match-up at Roland Garros.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I ask myself this question every day after the Australian Open final.

I continue to ask myself this question all the way up to and including the French Open.

It's seemed liked Nole's time for the past few years now, but he just hasn't delivered the goods.

The French Open title for Nadal is of course in doubt as it always is. However I believe Nadal has better chances at winning the French Open based on how poorly he can play.

Tomic's got my bet.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Djokovic is perfectly healthy, well-rested after Madrid and in a lifetime form winning the last 6 big tournaments.

Not even RG-08 Nadal or any other version of Rafa could stop the man from Serbia who is arguably playing the highest level of tennis ever seen at the moment.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I ask myself this question every day after the Australian Open final.

I continue to ask myself this question all the way up to and including the French Open.

It's seemed liked Nole's time for the past few years now, but he just hasn't delivered the goods.

The French Open title for Nadal is of course in doubt as it always is. However I believe Nadal has better chances at winning the French Open based on how poorly he can play.

Tomic's got my bet.
A little correction here. No1e was prevented to deliver the goods by the outside factors:

2012 - Rain and Nadal bullying the umpire to stop the match after he lost 8 games in a row
2013 - Pascal Maria's daylight robbery in the SF.
2014 - Sick with stomach flu - puking all over the court.

Barring more outside factors influence, No1e will win RG this year.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Not even RG-08 Nadal or any other version of Rafa could stop the man from Serbia who is arguably playing the highest level of tennis ever seen at the moment.
....if someone were to be watching tennis for the very first time, then yes, Nole is playing *arguably* the highest level of tennis they have ever seen. :\

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I still need to see him win a couple of Masters (e.g. Madrid/Rome) and beat some top 10 players other than Ferrer. If he displays improving form but then gets annihilated 6-2 6-2 by Djokovic at Rome, then Djokovic probably takes it this year. On the other hand, I think Murray has been playing well on clay this year and could make another deep run at RG depending on the draw. Curious to see the Djokovic-Murray match-up at Roland Garros.
Since 2005 Nadal at least made three finals and two wins out of MC+Madrid+Rome+RG.

To repeat it for the 11th time he needs either Madrid+Rome titles and RG final or RG+masters title + another masters final, as in the last season.

But he would be more than pleased with no masters finals and RG title.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Why would anyone eat tuna salad is beyond me. :shrug: So many better things to eat.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Why would anyone eat tuna salad is beyond me. :shrug: So many better things to eat.
What are you taking to be 'tuna salad'? Tuna salads can be quite fancy -- particularly with a nicely seared tuna steak in an Asian dressing, served on fresh lettuce leaves with sesame seeds to coat the fish...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
What are you taking to be 'tuna salad'? Tuna salads can be quite fancy -- particularly with a nicely seared tuna steak in an Asian dressing, served on fresh lettuce leaves with sesame seeds to coat the fish...
Thanks, but no thanks.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
he beat berdych today, so title is his - no uncertainty whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts