Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
"Winning the first game is more important than the last one", Boris Becker.

Reactions: bjurra

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Boy was I wrong about this one. Stevie G looking like an old PC made in 1998 trying to run the latest Call of Duty game or something like that. I was watching on my computer and had to take a photo at 0-5 in the third set lol

Baena was solid no doubt. But Stevie was as trash as it gets.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
I thought Steve was one of the Americans that actually liked playing on clay?

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
A point here or there

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
The French is his second most successful slam, three third round appearances. He has two titles in Houston, which I know does not attract a field of clay court players but is still played on clay. Has career victories over Wawrinka, Verdasco, Pella, and Coric on clay. I'm not saying Johnson is great on clay, he's just not someone I expected to have one of the most lopsided scorelines in recent slam history.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Johnson worked his tail off training two years ago but the results never came. That had to be unsettling and damaging for his confidence. A couple of years ago Steve was lightning fast mover on the court, he seems to have lost a fraction of that speed and then the confidence etc. Lotta mileage on his wheels.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
God guys like Carballes Baena are so annoying. They just hover around the #100 ranking, do the golden swing, vulture challengers and then do stupid stuff like this, taking out a genuinely good tennis player. THUMBS DOWN

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
God guys like Carballes Baena are so annoying. They just hover around the #100 ranking, do the golden swing, vulture challengers and then do stupid stuff like this, taking out a genuinely good tennis player. THUMBS DOWN
LoL what a pile of BS. You should watch rythmic gymnastics instead of tennis.

·
Registered
22,238 Posts
I remember watching RCB getting obliterated by Zapata Miralles in the same fashion only a couple of weeks ago

1 - 20 of 30 Posts