Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe today's draw finally proved that fixind draws is an idiocy in the heads of hardcore conspiracy theorists and mentioning such an idiocy should lead to severe punishment on this board, just as doping allegations.

Clearly any clay tournament would benefit most of Nadal -Djokovic play the final in it, so it's not the organizers.

Both Nadal and Djokovic have been praying all morning not to meet before the final, in the worst case in the Semi...not them too..

Fed is obsolete in terms of clay and hard GSs, so it must have been Stan almighty Wawrinka then...

Cut the crap guys, draws are 99% random and 100% from ATP 250 up.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I believe today's draw finally proved that fixind draws is an idiocy in the heads of hardcore conspiracy theorists and mentioning such an idiocy should lead to severe punishment on this board, just as doping allegations.

Clearly any clay tournament would benefit most of Nadal -Djokovic play the final in it, so it's not the organizers.

Both Nadal and Djokovic have been praying all morning not to meet before the final, in the worst case in the Semi...not them too..

Fed is obsolete in terms of clay and hard GSs, so it must have been Stan almighty Wawrinka then...

Cut the crap guys, draws are 99% random and 100% from ATP 250 up.

LOL the draw is clearly fixed for Federer. Organizers cater to Fed's sponsors and think Fed in the final will give them the most benefits. Could not have been more obvious. Djokovic always gets the most difficult draws possible. How can you even say something like this.

So yes, cut the crap indeed.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Latso, the flat-earthers are out in their numbers today :D

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Not at all, if anything this shows the French doing their best to help Federer

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
Completely rigged to accomodate Federer.

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
From the pre-draw thread:
But another "rumour going around" is that they will fix it so that Nadal (and possibly other top contenders) will be kept in one half to allow Federer to reach the final with an easy draw... (say Djokovic-Nishikori Murray-Nadal one half and Federer-Ferrer Berdych-Wawrinka in the other). Then whichever one of those scenarios happens one group will get to proclaim the draw was fixed.

It's likely the draws aren't fully random, but it's hard to imagine many draws that at least half the people here wouldn't say are fixed. Nadal has got to be in either Djokovic's half or Federer's. He's either going to be in the same quarter as of one of the big 4 ("Setting up Fedal match again!" "Giving Djoko a nightmare draw and Fed a cakewalk!" or... "derailing Clayray" I suppose), or get the perceived cakewalk draw in Berdych. But every one of those scenarios would have people crying fixed draw.
Fedtards that predicted the "fix" to be to ensure Djokovic-Nadal final, plenty of others guessed the "fix" would be to make it easier for Federer. So this either shows "Wow, draws must be random because the one I would complain about didn't come up!" or it shows "NID exactly what I expected, draw rigging confirmed :zzz:", depending on what sort of draw you were hoping for.

·
Registered
564 Posts
We can't have easy or tough draws for everybody. It's a matter of luck and randomness. In the long run draws are equally hard for everyone.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Money can be the only reason why would anyone go into effort of fixing a draw, and there's nothing more profitable than a Nadal Djokovic final. Federer is not even likely to make the final on the other side anyway, Nishikori has to be the 1st favorite.

·
Rankings Master
15,870 Posts
Draw rigging was not and will never be taken seriously on this board. Let the UFO stories continue.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
We can't have easy or tough draws for everybody. It's a matter of luck and randomness. In the long run draws are equally hard for everyone.
How come it does not even for Djokovic in the long run. How come he has the most difficult draws in slam for years, while Nadal and Federer alternate with easy cakewalk draws.

I would believe this if it was really evening out over the years, but that is clearly not the case.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Astounding thread.

·
Registered
645 Posts
How come it does not even for Djokovic in the long run. How come he has the most difficult draws in slam for years, while Nadal and Federer alternate with easy cakewalk draws.

I would believe this if it was really evening out over the years, but that is clearly not the case.
you forgot Wimbledon 2013? and what happen? Djokovic had cake walk until semis, then barely beat Delpo just to completely embarrasses himself in the final... Djokovic is playing better when he needs to raise his form from match to match. having cake walk draw doesnt suit him

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
you forgot Wimbledon 2013? and what happen? Djokovic had cake walk until semis, then barely beat Delpo just to completely embarrasses himself in the final... Djokovic is playing better when he needs to raise his form from match to match. having cake walk draw doesnt suit him
SF vs Delpo cakewalk? While Murray had Verdasco :haha: I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

I can assure you that if Djokovic was making his draw, he would pick Nadal for a QF, his chances have gone up after the draw, Nadal in a RG final is something else.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
It's pretty obvious that every single GS draw made since the beginning of time has been fixed. Ridiculous thread.

Reactions: Uncle Latso

·
Registered
645 Posts
SF vs Delpo cakewalk? While Murray had Verdasco :haha: I don't think so.
Murray had both Federer and Nadal in his half... after the draw, it was presumed to be 10x harder half..
same now. maybe Novak will get Almagro in 1/4 final and Ferrer or Isner in semis. you never know...

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Djokovic can pretty much cruise through the first week without getting out of the first gear.

Washed up Nieminen, then Muller/Lorenzi, Kokkinakis/Tomic/Q, then Gasquet and Kanderson.

Then he plays undercooked Nadal in the QFs instead of the final. Who will stop him after that? Turkray? That's easy as it gets.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts