Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Re: FITD - Rotterdam - Round 1 complete, scores up!

33rd:rolleyes:

·
Som i Serem
16,500 Posts

Bam tied for 1st place oh yeahhh :rock:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

two matches still to play, this is how things stand

·
Registered
7,361 Posts

18th :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Day 4 Updated

·
Som i Serem
16,500 Posts
Re: FITD - Rotterdam - Round 2 Complete, scores updated!

Still 2nd. Haven't expected that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Don't we get credit for Gicquel, who subbed for Soderling?

As far as my intepretation of the rules go, if a seeded player withdraws, you have to re-submit your draws in order to get credit. As no one did before play commenced, I have to go with the original picks and that was Soderling, not Gicquel, so no credit :)

·
Registered
28,934 Posts

There's no requirement to resubmit their draws, if they don't resubmit their draws, they get credit for whoever the replacement was.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

4) If a player withdraws after you have made your prediction, you MAY ONLY alter your pick if the withdrawing player was seeded. However, if the player who withdrew is not a seed, you may not replace.
Unless a seeded player withdraws, you are not allowed to change picks after the first post.
If you are changing picks due to the withdrawal of a seed, you must post your picks in a new post. No editing posts under any circumstances.

???

EDIT: Or does that rule mean if you picked the seed to go further for example, or don't think the LL will replace the seed adequately so you change it later in the draw, or earlier?

·
Registered
28,934 Posts

EDIT: Or does that rule mean if you picked the seed to go further for example, or don't think the LL will replace the seed adequately so you change it later in the draw, or earlier?
That's how I always interpreted it, say you picked Murray and you predicted him to reach the final, then he gets replaced by Paolo Lorenzi, you'd want to redo your draw so that, presumably, Paolo Lorenzi doesn't make it quite as far. Not just so you can go through and replace all "Soderling" with "Gicquel."

The way I've always done it is if a seed withdraws you can resubmit your draw before the start of play (but most of the time nobody finds out about the withdrawal in time to re-submit their draw). If a seeded or non-seeded player gets replaced by a lucky loser, you get credit for whatever the lucky loser does. I guess I got this rule from here:

-A new rule for withdrawals will be implemented. You will not be able to change your predicitions. Anyway, the player that replaces the one who withdrew (lucky loser) will be counted as a winner if he wins. For example:

You predicted in 1st round:
Nalbandian d. Nadal

2nd round:
Nalbandian d. Stepanek

and so on...

Nalbandian withdraws and Gulbis is the lucky loser. If Gulbis wins first round, you WILL receive that win points, the same on second round and so on.
I guess we can ask d_s or someone else about it, but I've given credit for LLs for every fitd I've run :shrug:

·
Registered
28,934 Posts

This came up for me last summer and this is what the conversation was:

Can someone please confirm for me, if Baghdatis withdraws and is replaced by LL, then anyone who picked Baghdatis over Polansky still gets points if the LL beats Polansky?
...then in accordance with the rule, unless somebody tells me otherwise I'm gonna treat all the Baghdatis pickers as if they picked the TBA quallee/LL. :shrug:
that's right.

I think it's the best
Yes, it seems that's the way to do it. And I like this rule, I always wished we had it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Right, will correct, thanks Snoo Foo! :wavey:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts

I believe that rule is correct as well. I remember asking about it last year, saying it should be implemented, and d_s told me it already existed.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Update

1 QF in progress. Most people got 45 extra, a few got 135, and two sadly got 0 extra. Changes things a little. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Day 5 Update

Any Zeros are in the right place, unluck guys, better hope Murray/Nadal lose if that's you ;)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Re: FITD - Rotterdam - Scores Updated, QF's complete!

SF Update

61 - 80 of 87 Posts