Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: FITD Ask the Board Thread

We can simply drop last years Toronto early.
Though your suggestion is also fine.
I agree, we should just drop last year's Toronto. Keep up the great work, @bry17may!

·
Registered
17,559 Posts

I won title in Kitzbuhel and 2 2nd places(Umag, Washington) in same week (week 29). If I understand a ranking points I earn points only for best one of that three tournaments ? (300points for Washington) That looks like I won a title and didn't get a point for that title :( :/
Yes, we can play many tournaments in a week but only your best result will count for your ranking.
@Pratik @Ponas Donny. That solution is easier for me ;)

By the way are we going to have points for the Olympics?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

Regarding the Olympics and scoring, I know we've rewarded points for predicting the correct bronze medalist in the past. Will we be doing that again? If so, how many points?

Currently in the managers thread, the scoring system for OG is:

Code:
[B]Olympic Games / Draw 64[/B]
------------------------
R1 - 9
R2 - 9
R3 - 18
QF - 36
SF - 48
F - 80
In 2012 it was:

Code:
[B]Olympic Games / Draw 64[/B]
-----------------------
R1 - 35
R2 - 35
R3 - 65
QF - 135
SF - 180
Bronze - 70
F - 300
Using 2012 as guidance, maybe the correct bronze medalist pick could be worth 20 points?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

Yeah, I think 20 is reasonable.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts

·
Administrator
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

oops, I think we have two now :lol: Nice synchronization :lol: How can I delete a thread?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

Great, thanks @Pratik

Didn't you have a dot at the end of your nick? :lol:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

dot at the end? Nope. Have had the exact same nick since I joined MTF 6 years ago.
I must be going crazy :lol:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts

Or Tomek. :lol:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Re: 2017 FITD Ask the Board Thread

We need to decide what top do with the two polls than finished on a tie. What do you think?

·
21,302 Posts

^ We take a poll between the managers/board and see what is the maximum.

Current rule: Only on tournament from the same week can be counted for ranking purpose.
e.g.: If Player A plays both Doha and Brisbane (both Week 1 tournaments) and he wins both of them, only one results will count for rankings, thus making the other result void.

Motivation to change the rule: There is no reason to punish a player for having a good week in more than one tournament and void a possible good result

I vote to keep the rule the same.

Current rule: All tournaments are played.

Motivation to change the rule: Due to lack of managers during the past season, sometimes it was difficult to have good managing. By reducing the number of tournaments, we decrease the workload on managers and we make FITD more competitive. The weeks with 3 tournaments will be reduced to 2 tournaments and the weeks with 2 tournaments will be reduced to 1. A potential tentative schedule below reduces the number of tournaments played by 21 for next season: 21 out of 39 ATP250, 10 out of 13 ATP500, all ATP1000, all GS and WTF will be played.

I vote to reduce.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

^ We take a poll between the managers/board and see what is the maximum.
This would be option 1, but it's somehow unfair that just a bunch of people to decide. Option 2 would be to reject the change of the two rules, as there was no majority to decide otherwise (this would be fair, even if I am pro-changing the rules).
@bry17may @ESPNGEEK @Ponas Donny @BMT360

·
21,302 Posts

^ Actually, yes, your way does make more sense.
A tie should mean no change.

·
Administrator
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
I think we can have 2 options regarding the number of tournaments being played. I definitely think that we should reduce, so within here are some options within reducing.

Option 1: I think that all 500s, 1000s, and obviously GSs should be played, but we vote on which 250s to cut. I'd say cut about 50% of them. We can release a poll to choose which ones either now (by month) or by week as the tournaments approach (sort of like Suicide Tennis)

Option 2: The FITD Board chooses all the tournaments that will be played, managers/players can volunteer to manage tournaments that were not chosen, but nobody will be forced.

Option 3: The FITD Board chooses the tournaments that will be played, no exceptions. Although I trust Eddy DoubleD in charge of the manager thread, I think since we have a bunch of board members from different parts of the world, we can have a nice open discussion. People like tournaments from their nations.

----------------------

To be honest, I'd vote for option 3, if we end up using, but I think option 2 is also just as reasonable. Let me know what your guys thoughts are and we can come up with a way to choose tournaments. Also, it will give the FITD Board an actual job, since all we do is answer questions.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

But should we reduce the number of tournaments? The poll was really not conclusive.

·
Administrator
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
But should we reduce the number of tournaments? The poll was really not conclusive.
It's come down to the FITD Board making the decision. And so now the board members will vote. Must be majority to change by the board members. A tie, we keep the same.

Yes, but we should reduce the tournaments in an orderly fashion, the FITD Board decides.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts