Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Re: FITD Ask the Board Thread

Thanks for the clarification. I dont like it. But ill take a better look after RG.What i dont like is which round has more value.

Does getting more picks in 1st R more important then a correct SF?
I was thhink about that, but because the time was very short, I considered we should leave it like that for now and change just the ranking points system. Giving that it is not clear what we do with that even now, I guess it was a good decision:rolleyes: However, we will try to improve it at the end of the year i guess.

·
Registered
7,073 Posts

It doesn't even matter. We literally divided the scores by five so that the scores wouldn't look so inflated. There is actually no difference what so ever. The standings would not change.

I'm not really sure what your asking for. I don't understand what you want us to change. :confused:
The points look inflated now more then ever. Someone could at least put AO15 final rankings with the current points system.

If those points dont actuall help the ranking and only that particular tournament what was wrong anyway?

Like i said before, last year i was just playing. Missed alot of weeks because of a crazy sunday rule. Dint even look at points or rankings. Oh and would copy the last poster draw and make my modifications depending on who i felt was stronger.

This year im more into the game and i find it with some flaws or unfair situations. But lets discuss in the end of the season and try again. I hate changes midgame.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

sorry, i don't see where is ranking for FITD

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

I will update the rankings this week
Do you need help with it, Brian( @bry17may )? If you have the spreadsheet, I can try to give you a hand.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts

Do you need help with it, Brian( @bry17may )? If you have the spreadsheet, I can try to give you a hand.
I just did the first update, maybe tonight I can add the second week.

By the way I will use a new method to update the ranks but it would be better if I can have the spreadsheets for this reason if any of you @Ponas Donny @bhamism @BMT360 @Thexc @Pratik @Eddy DoubleD @Snowwy @ESPNGEEK @Arsenalex still have the spreadsheets of this year, please send them to [email protected].

And it would be better for your future managements if you can send it to me after the final update ;)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

Yeah, sorry mate, I used the auto extractor too. Will make sure to use the spreadsheets from now on.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts

@Eddy DoubleD @Pratik @BMT360 @Ponas Donny

I just updated the rankings until Wahington's week. But I have a problem with Toronto, in the rankings we count the 4 GS + 9 M1000 + 10 other best results. But in these couple we are going to have 10 Masters 1000 instead of 9. What should I do?. I guess I should count the best 9 Masters 1000 and 10 other best results(including the 10th Masters).

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

I won title in Kitzbuhel and 2 2nd places(Umag, Washington) in same week (week 29). If I understand a ranking points I earn points only for best one of that three tournaments ? (300points for Washington) That looks like I won a title and didn't get a point for that title :( :/

61 - 80 of 104 Posts