Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should we change the number of tournaments that are played in 2018?

• No, keep the schedule the same.

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Yes, reduce the number of tournaments in order to take some of the workload off the managers.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Other, please specify....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
10,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FITD Poll 2: Should the number of FITD tournaments played change?

Motivation: Due to lack of managers during the past season, sometimes it was difficult to have good management. By reducing the number of tournaments, we decrease the workload on managers and we make FITD more competitive. The weeks with 3 tournaments will be reduced to 2 tournaments and the weeks with 2 tournaments will be reduced to 1. A potential tentative schedule reduces the number of tournaments played by 21 for next season: 21 out of 39 ATP250, 10 out of 13 ATP500, all ATP1000, all GS and WTF will be played.

It is now the voting phase of the suggestions that were made. You, the players can choose what you like. I will keep the polls open for TEN days so that there is enough time for manager's to apply to tournaments.

This poll is for deciding how many tournaments should be played from now on. There are two options:

Option A (Current): All tournaments will be played in the 2018 season.

Option B: Reduce the number of tournaments. The FITD Board will then decide a possible schedule for the upcoming season. A potential tentative schedule similar to this one will take place.

If you have any other suggestions, please comment in this thread, but just know that your period for suggestions has already ended.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I voted reduce since I have less and less time for MTF these days :(

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I can also help manage a few ATP 250s after AO if all tournaments are to be played.

·
Administrator
10,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel like it's only fair to mention that if you vote/voted for the number of tournaments to stay the same, you better come out and help manage this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.