Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Will there be FITD for the Next Gen Finals? If yes, who will qualify? Only those aged 21 and under? :spit:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I'm pretty sure that we decided that it will be for 17-32 in the race. @ESPNGEEK - can you verify?
I don't remember if a decision was ever made on who would make it, but 17-32 in the race makes sense to me. Another thing to be determined is the ranking points awarded. Since the ATP is not awarding any points for the event, there is no guidance here. I propose the winner earn 500 points. Maybe something like this?

Code:
[B]Next Gen Finals[/B]
[B]1[/B] -- 500	[B]9[/B] --- 55	
[B]2[/B] -- 300	[B]10[/B] -- 45	 
[B]3[/B] -- 200	[B]11[/B] -- 35
[B]4[/B] -- 150	[B]12[/B] -- 25
[B]5[/B] -- 125	[B]13[/B] -- 20
[B]6[/B] -- 100	[B]14[/B] -- 15
[B]7[/B] --- 85	[B]15[/B] -- 10	
[B]8[/B] --- 70	[B]16[/B] -- 5
This isn't a problem now, but there could be a case where those ranked 17-20 might play as an alternate and also have their draw counted in the ATP World Tour Finals (of course, that only happens if one of the top 16 does not submit their draw). If this happens, that player should only earn ranking points from one of the two Finals events (whatever result earns them the highest number of points would be awarded)

·
Administrator
10,412 Posts
This isn't a problem now, but there could be a case where those ranked 17-20 might play as an alternate and also have their draw counted in the ATP World Tour Finals (of course, that only happens if one of the top 16 does not submit their draw). If this happens, that player should only earn ranking points from one of the two Finals events (whatever result earns them the highest number of points would be awarded)
Well, how we do it on TF is that if a player makes it into the WTA Finals in Singapore as an ALT, they cannot play in Zhuhai (17-32 in race). If a player who qualifies directly for the WTA Finals in Singapore forgets to post a draw, an ALT replaces them and they cannot play in Zhuhai. The ALT cannot play in Zhuhai if they get into Singapore. That makes the most sense.

So in our case it would be the Top 16 make it to ATP Finals. Any ALT who get in cannot play in Milan. The list moves down based on how many ALT get in. (18-33, 19-34, 20-35, etc. get into Milan.)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Well, how we do it on TF is that if a player makes it into the WTA Finals in Singapore as an ALT, they cannot play in Zhuhai (17-32 in race). If a player who qualifies directly for the WTA Finals in Singapore forgets to post a draw, an ALT replaces them and they cannot play in Zhuhai. The ALT cannot play in Zhuhai if they get into Singapore. That makes the most sense.

So in our case it would be the Top 16 make it to ATP Finals. Any ALT who get in cannot play in Milan. The list moves down based on how many ALT get in. (18-33, 19-34, 20-35, etc. get into Milan.)
The problem with this is the Next Gen Finals comes before the ATP World Tour Finals unlike Zhuhai which comes after the WTA Finals, so you cannot determine the WTF ALTs until after Milan is finished.

·
Administrator
10,412 Posts
The problem with this is the Next Gen Finals comes before the ATP World Tour Finals unlike Zhuhai which comes after the WTA Finals, so you cannot determine the WTF ALTs until after Milan is finished.
Oh crap. Just realized that. :lol:

Well, I think it should maybe be an exhibition this year and we can come up with a rule change for next year in the 2018 Suggestions Thread when it's opened.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Oh crap. Just realized that. :lol:

Well, I think it should maybe be an exhibition this year and we can come up with a rule change for next year in the 2018 Suggestions Thread when it's opened.
An exhibition is fine by me! And because of that, I assume anyone will be able to participate :)?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Yes, but the tough part is finding a manager who is willing to take that much time...
Yes, I'd like to do the World Tour Finals and will spend time that week prepping the qualifier posts (like I did last year), so I don't think I will have time to manage the Next Gen Finals :sad:

But I will do it if no one else steps up.

·
Administrator
10,412 Posts
Yes, I'd like to do the World Tour Finals and will spend time that week prepping the qualifier posts (like I did last year), so I don't think I will have time to manage the Next Gen Finals :sad:

But I will do it if no one else steps up.
Well start by taking the World Tour Finals... that's the priority. If we cannot manage the NextGen finals, it's not a huge deal.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Yes, but the tough part is finding a manager who is willing to take that much time...
Why is it so time-consuming? We don't have a template for round-robin format? So you'd have to do all the calculations and inputting manually?
Is there nobody, who managed a WTF in the past who could pass on his file?
I'd assume, that could be used for Next Gen, too.

·
Administrator
10,412 Posts
Why is it so time-consuming? We don't have a template for round-robin format? So you'd have to do all the calculations andTh inputting manually?
Is there nobody, who managed a WTF in the past who could pass on his file?
I'd assume, that could be used for Next Gen, too.
Eddy DoubleD made one a while back that I used back when I last managed it, but I cannot locate it. I am running FITD Singapore on TF and made my own spreadsheet that I have to calculate scores manually. But since this is an exhibition, there could be 30+ people participating.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Over the weekend I'll play a little bit with the existing spreadsheet. If I can alter it in a way, that I have at least a semi-convenient way to calculate and update a RR format, I'll manage Next Gen Final.
Will let you know till early next week.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts