Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He kicks Moya out again, goes on to play a shaky Ferreira, starts off leading 2 sets to love, loses the third, and then manages to get a 4-1 lead in the fourth.
Plays like shit, gets broken, loses 5 games in a row and the fourth set. Then he gets totally screwed up. Starts yelling at line calls, pointing fingers to the chair umpire, cursing him and threatning him.
OOOOO, how grown up!!! :rolleyes:
Cant tell you how happy I was to see him losing six games in a row (in addition to those 5 in the fourth set) and get bageled.
Now go home and learn some education lessons, pricky kid.

I wonder if he´s gonna be fined for that. Serena had a 1,500 or something fine for cursing.
He should get fined on something like 5K. But let´s see...

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I think this is the 3rd time I post here that he's a spoiled brat. I thought he actually banked on the structure that support the empire's chair and this happened only after 2 line calls that were not to his liking.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He hit the chair with his racquet.
I forgot to mention that other sweet movement...

I just read you wrote he is a spoiled brat.
I agree. Someone take this kid back to school!
Or send him to play someone who can school him! :D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and not to mention he turned his back when he was supposed to shake the umpire´s hand... :rolleyes:
SHAME!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Rebecca said:
Well - seeing him spaz was really no more juvenile than when Safin did it in the past, or when Lleyton went on his flower assault.
Thank you Becca.

I mean y'all are jumpin all over Fish for acting like a kid/juvenile on the court. When Lleyton has done the same thing and Marat too. Do we really have to make this a big deal? :angel: :confused:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I don't disagree that he acted like a bit of a turd towards the end - but lots of other guys have done it. Granted, it isn't like Roddick and Hewitt dont' get crapped on for their behavior ;)

Anyhow - I'm sure that Mardy (provided he is human) is going to be just mortified after the fact, and feel like total shit for letting that match slip away.

Isn't that enough?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I was rather disappointed myself in his behavior, but it was a highly emotional match in which he should've won. I don't blame him for being soo emotional, but he could've handled himself more professionally. You can't deny he's more talented than dickhead!:D

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
All matches are emotional to players so I can't accept that's an excuse. Yes, Fish is young but if people start accepting this behaviour cos he's young and emotional, that's too bad for him. Another thing is, he was in cruise control when he lost his temper. For Marat and Hewitt, they start ranting after they have very bad games, etc and most of the time, they direct the anguish toward themselves. Fish directed his anguish toward the umpire, which is #1 no, no, in any competition. Also, directing his anguish toward umpire showed that he was not accepting the fault himself. There were only 2 line calls he doubted and both were very close call. Also, those 2 line calls were not at a very critical time of the game.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was not at all like throwing a racquet. Or either like smashing flowers. I criticized Lleyton when he did it, and it´s not a secret he is not (at all :p) among my faves, but what Fish did is a lot worse. To point your finger and curse the umpire and even THREATNING him, that´s completely childish.
"I´m gonna get you on your way out" Recalls some American Teen Movies, Stud role. :rolleyes:

I even criticized Guga when he threw a racquet to the umpire :)eek:) even if he said it was non-intentional.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts