Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a clue why the #1 American is skipping a 500 event this week on his home soil (where he would be the #1 seed) to go play a 250 event all the way in Europe (where he is the #2 seed)?

I know appearance fees are probably the primary reason but that must be a hefty check he's getting to pull this move. Makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMAO at "only 8 hours".

MTF logic = :worship:
Flying 8 hours first class 9 days after you play one indoor match on clay of all surfaces to play an ATP 500 event in your home country is too draining? You feeling ok? NBA players fly 5 hour flights and play less than 16 hours later....

·
Registered
21,931 Posts
French women are more fun.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should write to the ATP.

It's insulting that a American player chooses to attend a tournament in Europe by his own decision. Crime. I can't even put my head around it.
If you're going to reply to a question on a thread with uneducated, belligerent, responses why even bother?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
He's playing Dubai after Marseille. Wouldn't make much sense to travel from Memphis to Dubai. It's much easier to go there from France.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
There's no obvious logic behind the decision, maybe Mardy has immersed himself in French culture and feels like a whole new world has opened up to him. Probably enjoying the crisp winter sunshine as stops to sip his cup of coffee, before he gets back to reading Satre.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
He's playing Dubai after Marseille. Wouldn't make much sense to travel from Memphis to Dubai. It's much easier to go there from France.
It´s the Davis Cup and Dubai. Fish probably didnt see the point in travelling back and forth in such a short time. Besides, since he has been in dreadful form this season, Marseille 250 is probably the better tournament for him now than Memphis 500..

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Generally speaking Fish have small brains in relationship to their overall body weight
Aha! But maybe he got some outrageous appearance fee. Marseilles want a few stars. Soderling is sidelinded as the reigning champion

1 - 20 of 34 Posts