Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First test starts tomorrow.

West Indies havn't won a test match in Australia since 1997. This will be Brian Lara's last visit to Australia more than likely. He wants to break Alan Border's record of most test runs here in Australia. He needs 300 odd. 6 Innings, I believe he can do it. He will post a huge score in one of these innings. A great man can't be down for a while. He'll pick up.

Interesting to see who the Windies will go in with. I don't know if Powell will be right and if he is, will they end up taking Lawson in who has gradually been building back up after surgery late September? I think we take the gamble and play Lawson and keep Powell rested. Ideally, I don't want Bravo to play and I want 4 fast bowlers in the lineup. We will probably play Bravo to strengthen our tail and we might be hoping that he repeats what Flintoff did to the Aussies. The lineup with all things considered will most likely be.

1. Chris Gayle
2. Devon Smith
3. Ramnaresh Sarwan
4. Brian Lara
5. Marlon Samuels
6. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7. Denesh Ramdin
8. Dwayne Bravo
9. Corey Collymore
10. Jermaine Lawson
11. Fidel Edwards

12th man: Daren Powell

It's hard to predict what the bowlers will be.

Windies might take the gamble and play Lawson, if that is the case and Powell is fit, Bravo will more than likely miss out.

If Powell isn't fit, they will take the gamble on Lawson and play Bravo aswell.

If Powell is fit, they might play Bravo and not take the punt on Lawson.

I think they will take the punt on Lawson which means Bravo or Powell will miss out. Which one of 3 players miss out is anyone's guess.

Just read that we have a full list of bowlers to choose from. Interesting selection coming up in the morning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts