1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
More likely it will be this year's USO.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
wow. anyone who thinks federer is incapable of reaching the us open final is either really stupid or really ignorant and cataclysmically deluded.

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
wow. anyone who thinks federer is incapable of reaching the us open final is either really stupid or really ignorant and cataclysmically deluded.
He could lose in the semis to Djokovic. So it is possible.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
LOL, djokovic lost 3, 1 and 2 to hewitt at last year's us open. i know he has improved unbelievably dramatically in the past 12 months but i really don't think he's improved enough to beat federer. so in effect you're wrong. he COULDN'T lose to djokovic. ;)

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
LOL, djokovic lost 3, 1 and 2 to hewitt at last year's us open. i know he has improved unbelievably dramatically in the past 12 months but i really don't think he's improved enough to beat federer. so in effect you're wrong. he COULDN'T lose to djokovic. ;)
Djokovic is the best bet.

Who else?

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Djoko is good, but Fed is always going to be a higher level as long as he's healthy. Bottom line, Djoko is one of Federer's pets(JCF, Youzhny, Fena, Haas, Moya, etc...)

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Federer would have to play below his best and Djokovic the match of his life to beat him. It doesn't matter whether he believes or not, he just doesn't have the tools.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
canas. 2 wins on hardcourts, folks.
Canas was a fluke earlier in the season when Fed was in an extended "wandering" mode. Right now, Fed would kill Canas, especially on fast hard courts :eek: :eek: :eek: .

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
canas. 2 wins on hardcourts, folks.
I would like to see that matchup. I have a hard time seeing Canas beating Federer at the USO, though. The courts just play too quickly; Canas would have to do too much running.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
US Open courts are way faster than IW and Miami though. I also wouldn't expect Fed to play that shitty in a Grand Slam.
Fed was playing like pure shit esp IW, he was dropping easy volleys into the net and wide. I have a video called "Federer follies" from IW that prove it. He just was doing one of those extended "mental wandering" episodes where he just didn't give a shit about IW/Miami this year. However, now his blood is up and no farking way in hell he'd lose to Canas on ANY surface right now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
that would be amazing to have neither of them in this years us open final, id like to see a new grand slam winner.

·
2011 Here we go again!
10,542 Posts
I would say Roland Garros 2008 since I believe that at least one of them will manage to reach the final of US Open 2007 and AO 2008.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I liked the word "cataclysmically'. But I agree with you that Fed's chances of making it anew at the US Open cannot, by all means, be discounted. For one, he was buoyed up by his recent victory (at Wimbledon). For another, as Fed is just 3 majors away from matching or equalling Pete's 14, he will surely be pulling out all the stops and give the next major tournaments his best shot. He might skip "minor" ones in the process -Nadal, in contrast, may be participating in virtually all of them for "rank-improvement" purposes (hoping to catch up soon with the Swiss king?). I have a feeling that as soon as Fed gets his 15th title (at Wimbledon 2008, after he collared RG 2008) or 16th title (US Open 2008), he would already be announcing his retirement. Time to start a family (with Mirka) and settle in scenic Switzerland for good. For this scenario, Nadal can already take over. Rafa may now become the new No. 1, but in the minds of millions of Fed fans (myself included) Roger will always be "the" No. 1.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Ao 2009 :|

1 - 20 of 37 Posts