Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow. Henman takes out Roddick after Srichaphan. He must really be rolling in confidence. Roddick, on the other hand, must have been overconfident. I just don't see how he could have lost to Tim on hardcourts:eek:

Oh well. Enough results. Just give the title to Old Baldy. ;)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Re: Roddick upset by Henman at Washington, 1/6, 6/3, 7/6 (1)

Tennis Fool said:
I just don't see how he could have beaten Tim on hardcourts:eek:
Is that actually what you meant to say? :confused:

Anyway, too bad :sad: but he'll rebound :D

Good win for Tim, he needs them a lot more than Andy does ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts

Andy :rolleyes: :eek:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hurley, I'm bad about posting before reading my posts for errors :eek: Anyway, made the correction ;)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

It's ok, I just didn't understand why you thought Andy had no chance against Tim :confused:

He's not THAT bad :p

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

nice win for Henman! i honestly expected the Fencepost to blow him off the court! i guess the smarter player won.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
i really think Andy couldnt have cared less about this match, now he has a few extra days to get ready for the next 2 TMS hardcourt events, which he'll be trying to win. still good win for Tim though, but Andy gave him the tiebreak with errors, not Tim hitting winners:p

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Well, as the scoreline shows it was a tight match - Roddick had matchpoint at 6-5 in the final set, so it's not as though he didn't give his best effort. And while I knew Henman was the underdog, I always thought he had a chance - he may not be as big a server as his compatriot, but he's a better mover and a much sharper volleyer. If it's Agassi in the final, I fancy Henman's chances there as well - in 2000, he had matchpoint against him in Miami, of all places, only to lose 12-10 in the final set tiebreak. Make no mistake, he has the game to beat Agassi.

·
Registered
561 Posts

Well done Tim.

Too bad Andy.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Agassi climbed from two games down in the third to lose the tiebreak to Gonzalez 3/6 6/4 7/6 (5).

What was up this week? Did Roddick, Agassi, Moya, Safin and Ferrero all email each other to "get thee to Canada early???"

·
Registered
278 Posts
I hope Tim wins the title now.

GO TIM!! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
GREAT DAY!:D

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i'm truly happy for Gonzo so he had better spank the Farmer or risk incurring my wrath...:devil:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
Agassi climbed from two games down in the third to lose the tiebreak to Gonzalez 3/6 6/4 7/6 (5).

What was up this week? Did Roddick, Agassi, Moya, Safin and Ferrero all email each other to "get thee to Toronto early???"
People who want to get to Toronto early don't play until the weekend, and wait until a third set tiebreak to make their exits. Better player on a given day wins the match...

Oh, and I have a sneaking suspicion that either of those men would win Toronto with ease. Though I heard that Montreal is wide open.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
:rolleyes: gee, what would it have taken to say hey TF i think you got the cities mixed up?

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
tennischick said:
:rolleyes: gee, what would it have taken to say hey TF i think you got the cities mixed up?
No, that would have been to easy for the Queen. She hasn't forgiven me for figuring out she is an only child.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts