Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Amazing longevity with consistency too . I was about to post it.
BTW, I believe that the decade ends only on Dec 31, 2020.
Any way, semantics and logic not withstanding I accept that majority of people think otherwise

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Uncle Toni has said having another player like RAFA is almost impossible. We agree.
It is yet another noteworthy accomplishment.
Let us also say that huge credit should go to our Dr. Angel Ruiz-Cotorro for holding RAFA together for so long.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
A testimony to his enduring excellence, although the straddling of three decades is rather incidental.

As regards the record for longest gap between first week and last week at number one, he is unlikely to beat Roger Federer's total of 14 years and 17 days.

·
King Of Tennis
2,697 Posts
Congrats, I guess. All this pointless stuff probably matters when it comes to deciding who's the second greatest of all time.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Amazing longevity with consistency too . I was about to post it.
BTW, I believe that the decade ends only on Dec 31, 2020.
Any way, semantics and logic not withstanding I accept that majority of people think otherwise
No, literally everyone is saying how today is the last day of the decade. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

anyways, congrats to goatdal. If he keeps this up, he might take away Rogie’s COAT title

·
Your visions will happen
48,653 Posts
Well Tilden was #1 in the 20's and 30's but only #2 in 1919

Rosewall was #1 in the 60's and 70's but only #2 in 1959

Sampras was #1 in 1990's and 2000, but was not top 60 in 1989

So this is another feather in the longevity cap for Rafa

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
No we are still in the second decade of the new millennium. There was no year zero. The first year was year 1 AD (or CE) That means the first ten years are years 1-10, then 11-20, 21-30... ergo the third decade of our time begins on January 2021.

So Baldal just has to wait one more year and vulture two more slams (avoid Roger and Djoker) and get to the top spot this time next year before uncorking that spacial champagne bottle

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
No we are still in the second decade of the new millennium. There was no year zero. The first year was year 1 AD (or CE) That means the first ten years are years 1-10, then 11-20, 21-30... ergo the third decade of our time begins on January 2021.

So Baldal just has to wait one more year and vulture two more slams (avoid Roger and Djoker) and get to the top spot this time next year before uncorking that spacial champagne bottle

please stop saying stupid things. So when people talk about the 70s they also mean 1980, or the 80s include 1990, or the 90s include 2000? Do you realize how dumb you sound?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If we talk about academic / historic view, 10s decade is considered 2011-2020, 20s is 2021-2030 and so on, because of the no-year-0 argument. But if we talk about pop-culture and everyday / ordinary use, it's clearly 2010-2019, 2020-2029 and so on, because it seems more fitting.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Congrats, I guess. All this pointless stuff probably matters when it comes to deciding who's the second greatest of all time.
Djokovic is clearly better than Dull as his titles are much more well rounded and he has 3+ of 3 different slams whereas Dull has not even 3 of half the slams.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
No, literally everyone is saying how today is the last day of the decade. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

anyways, congrats to goatdal. If he keeps this up, he might take away Rogie’s COAT title
Too many flaws in Shitdal’s resume to be GOAT such as 0 WTF titles and not even 5 of any slam besides RG.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
So when people talk about the 70s they also mean 1980, or the 80s include 1990, or the 90s include 2000? Do you realize how dumb you sound?
"Sixties" is a modern colloquial English language expression you numbnut. It has no scientific meaning and imposes no definition on the pre-existing Western European/Gregorian Calendar count as to when exactly the decades began and ended — that is a matter for math, science and history.

There's no way round it: Nadal will have to be number one next year.

Reactions: La Vie En Rose

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Haters already feel threatened! ? Rafa's caused them so much pain over the years, I can imagine their pain when he breaks the slam record and clearly establishes himself as the leader in slam count. Happy New Year!

·
Rankings Master
15,886 Posts

This thread is about the 2000s, 2010s and 2020s decades, not the 201st, 202nd and 203rd decade, which people fail to distinguish between and which are never used anywhere.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts