Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got here (morocco) yesterday and I'm madly in love with this riad! it's not too far in the medina that I'm exhausted by the time I get here and it's located close to some food stalls and markets that sell good food.

my neighbors have some cute kids who kept staring at me like I was an alien...I guess blondes are aliens here though. overall the people are as friendly as they were last time I was in the country; there's lots of staring but they all seem to welcome me. my elementary french has been sufficient so far when I'm by myself and I know how to greet people in darija, the moroccan dialect of arabic. I've usually had rashid with me so far and he speaks to people for me if necessary, but I'll learn more arabic as I spend more time here.

I was walking with rashid earlier when we saw a parade with children and adults dressed nicely and there was music; trumpets and drums...it looked like a happy procession so I asked rashid what they were celebrating and he started fidgeting and he looked embarrassed. then he told me that it was a party to take one of the boys to get circumcised. there are definitely different customs over here!

this is known as a stressful city but somehow I feel so relaxed...I love it :hearts:

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Loved reading this.........please write more about your experience in morocco. I've always wanted to visit there, but, I'm a bit afraid because I'm an American.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts