Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys what do you make of all this?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The more you read about this s*it the more you can't believe the stuff that goes on.
Also, I don't know you guys in Spain and Holland but can you believe this has picked literally zero interest in TV talks and news here in Italy.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
The more you read about this s*it the more you can't believe the stuff that goes on.
Also, I don't know you guys in Spain and Holland but can you believe this has picked literally zero interest in TV talks and news here in Italy.
There has been some media coverage here because one of the largest Dutch banks (ING) was involved in some scandals involving Russian money laundering.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
One of the problems is that these large banks want to have a global presence. To do this, they have daughter banks inside the structure or they use correspondent banking. Both ways are subject to risks, since the daughter companies often have different views on compliance, based on the national culture of the country.

I currently work for a Belgian part of a Dutch bank and even between the two countries (Netherlands & Belgium) there are big differences in how compliance should be dealt with (some countries see it as a ''must'', not as a ''want'').

1 - 6 of 6 Posts