Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Predicting the outcome of the finals can be tricky and today is no exception. Will it be Federer or Tsonga? Tsonga while in better form has very little experience in finals, on the other hand I don't really need to talk about Federer and his record in final matches. In the woman's final, Venus Williams is playing against the well rounded Agnieszka Radwanska. Venus has been nothing short of awesome this week but I am worried that she expended all her energy vs her sister yesterday, Raddy on the other hand has been winning most of her matches in short order although yesterdays's match was in two tight tiebreakers. Let's hope we can end this tournament on a positive note wagering wise:)

Tsonga/Federer over 23 games -110
Tsonga/Federer over 2.5 sets +130
Tsonga 2-1 sets +450

Tsonga has beaten three top tier players to get to the finals, why stop here? Let's just hope this doesn't end in straight sets;(

Venus Williams/A Radwanska over 21.5 games -115
Venus Williams/ A Radwanska over 2.5 sets +120
Venus Williams 2-1 sets +300

This one is really too close to cap but how can you go against Venus at this point? I think this will likely end up going the distance just like every other Williams match. I hope Venus has something left in the tank, that is one of my few worries.

Good luck everyone:)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Both players have beat tough opponents to get this far, but I'd say Aga has done it in much better/easier fashion. 4 tricky 3-setters in 5 matches for Venus might take its toll against a player like Aga who can rally all day long and make you run marathons out there.

Aga @ 1.9

Also fancy Jo to at least make this a very tight 2-setter or hopefully they take a set each.

Over 22.5 games @ 1.8

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Wilfred's odds has been slashed from a couple of days ago 41.00 now 26.00!If he beats Roger it could go down to low 20's maybe around 21.00 which would be interesting!Aga is due big time for a Slam,she may be remembered as the best player never to win a Slam,her price has risen from 26.00 to 29.00 now which is odd!Going to be a very interesting US Open comin up,I feel!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both players have beat tough opponents to get this far, but I'd say Aga has done it in much better/easier fashion. 4 tricky 3-setters in 5 matches for Venus might take its toll against a player like Aga who can rally all day long and make you run marathons out there.

Aga @ 1.9

Also fancy Jo to at least make this a very tight 2-setter or hopefully they take a set each.

Over 22.5 games @ 1.8
The Aga/Venus match imho could really go either way, I fancy Venus only because she may be a little hungrier due to being out of contention for so long due to her illness. That being said, Aga could give her some serious trouble today. It's one of those games that is almost too close to call, I believe it will be another tight three setter. I hope it is;)

Tsonga has been a beast this week, I think he should be able to get at least one set.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wilfred's odds has been slashed from a couple of days ago 41.00 now 26.00!If he beats Roger it could go down to low 20's maybe around 21.00 which would be interesting!Aga is due big time for a Slam,she may be remembered as the best player never to win a Slam,her price has risen from 26.00 to 29.00 now which is odd!Going to be a very interesting US Open comin up,I feel!
SO funny because a day before both Tsonga and Venus made it to the finals, I took both to win the US open at pretty good odds. I doubt either will win especially if they don't win today. Something tells me Novak will win the US open this year but it would be nice to see someone new prevail.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
SO funny because a day before both Tsonga and Venus made it to the finals, I took both to win the US open at pretty good odds. I doubt either will win especially if they don't win today. Something tells me Novak will win the US open this year but it would be nice to see someone new prevail.
Tsonga has historically performed the worst at this slam...only got to the quarters once

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Nice finals today and I'm actually keen on going with the underdog (=odds of over 2.00) in both.

For Venus - Radwanska, I actually wanted to go with the latter because I thought Venus would be the favorite with odds of around 1.6 and in that case I'd see value in the Pole. Now that Pinnacle offers 2.11 on Venus, there's value there in my opinion because she definitely has more than 47% chance of winning.

Same goes for Tsonga really. If he has a decent first serve percentage (higher than 65%), he'll have more than 40% chance of winning, justifying me taking odds of 2.99 for him.

I'm not sure on the amount of units yet though.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Go Venus! If she plays well, there's nothing really that Aga can do about it other than hope to see errors.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Aga @ 1.9

Over 22.5 games @ 1.8
Win & win.

I can count my lucky stars with that overs bet, Tsonga should have wrapped up that 2nd set early. Canada has been very kind to me this week.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Glad you took him early,depending on the draw if he reaches the semi's onward there always a good hedge and guaranteed of winning!Wilfred is now only 19.00,less the 50% from when I first looked at it(41.00) unreal!bBookies not rating Aga,I see this women's draw more then wide open as b4,someone outside top 5 definitely but outside top 10 is 50/50 while outside top 20,very unlikely and probable at best runner up but holding the trophy would be huge odds!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts