Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Re: Finals on all surfaces in same season. Who did it?

Federer in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Nadal in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011.

Djokovic in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014.

Ferrer in 2012.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

Querrey won titles on each in 2010 (even on outdoor AND indoor hard :eek:)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts

Finals are not relevant - many players did it i think, titles - well Roger, Nole, Dimitrov this year

And i would take it from 3 surfaces to 4 surfaces/conditions, while we have no carpet in last years i would take clay, grass, indoor HC and outdoor HC- it´s more impressive than just 3 surfaces - Dimitrov has 1st 4 titles on Indoor HC-Stockholm,outdoor HC-Acapulco, clay-Bucharest and grass-Queens - that´s honestly something special 1st 4 titles in your career on main tour and 4 different surfaces/conditions and this year Novak will do it, he just needs indoor HC title - i think WTF or Paris will be his and yes Querrey did in 2010

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

Finals are not relevant - many players did it i think, titles - well Roger, Nole, Dimitrov this year

And i would take it from 3 surfaces to 4 surfaces/conditions, while we have no carpet in last years i would take clay, grass, indoor HC and outdoor HC- it´s more impressive than just 3 surfaces - Dimitrov has 1st 4 titles on Indoor HC-Stockholm,outdoor HC-Acapulco, clay-Bucharest and grass-Queens - that´s honestly something special 1st 4 titles in your career on main tour and 4 different surfaces/conditions and this year Novak will do it, he just needs indoor HC title - i think WTF or Paris will be his and yes Querrey did in 2010
Ferrer 2012 :cool:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Just when you thought that meaningless stats couldn't sink any deeper.

That said, you only have a few chances during grass season...

Which makes DjokoKing's achievement even more impressive because he doesn't need those grass warm-up events like elf Fed. Can't make the finals of tournaments you don't play.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts

Just when you thought that meaningless stats couldn't sink any deeper.

That said, you only have a few chances during grass season...

Which makes DjokoKing's achievement even more impressive because he doesn't need those grass warm-up events like elf Fed. Can't make the finals of tournaments you don't play.
Actually he does. His 2008 and 2009 grass finals were from warmups. Queens in 2008 and Halle in 2009. Remove the grass warmups and his five years of doing this turns into three, Federer's eleven turns into nine, but Nadal's five remains the same.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Actually he does. His 2008 and 2009 grass finals were from warmups. Queens in 2008 and Halle in 2009. Remove the grass warmups and his five years of doing this turns into three, Federer's eleven turns into nine, but Nadal's five remains the same.
yes, i know he never made the wimbly finals in 2008/9 :)

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts

Easy. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts